EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 2 Jan 2008, 03:50 PM   #1
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
hosting second-level domain

do you know which email provider (free or paid) provides the email hosting service which permit second-level domain? for example, I like to host the domain of corp.example.com, then get the mailbox of user@corp.example.com rather than user@example.com.
thanks.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Jan 2008, 06:09 PM   #2
theog
= Permanently banned =

with my control panel in my webhosting account I'm able to create these types of subdomains and use them for email.

With that done, I moved over to 1and1 and tried there as well... can do it there as well. Now what I don't know is if you have your own domain if you can create email accounts like this if you are only hosting your email. I have a couple of domains with 1and1.

I tried to kick the domain I created into aol, but it failed.... google it worked. Hotmail live domains it worked. (well, on both hotmail and google, I went so far as to see if they would accept the domain, both did so I assume they will work. Know what they say about assume though. )

So if seems if you own your domain, then not an issue to do this in your domain control panel with your registar (at least 1and1), in your hosting control panel, and with (I assume) google and hotmail once you create the name within your registar or hosting control panel.

This is actually good info to know... thanks for asking this...

edit: on google's domains page, they specifically state you can use "(Example: example.com or web.example.com)." On hotmail it states (after you insert the domain) "Create a new Windows Live ID in your domain, ex: person@corps.mydomain.biz."

Everyone.net seems to work as well...

Last edited by theog : 2 Jan 2008 at 06:18 PM.
theog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jan 2008, 06:17 PM   #3
fabule
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
eumx.net
We allow to use second-level domains for email hosting. You can pick-up your sub-domain at afraid.org or create sub-domain for your own domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
do you know which email provider (free or paid) provides the email hosting service which permit second-level domain? for example, I like to host the domain of corp.example.com, then get the mailbox of user@corp.example.com rather than user@example.com.
thanks.
fabule is offline   Reply With Quote