EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 31 Dec 2007, 09:38 AM   #1
digp
Master of the @

Business grade email hosting

Been with webmail.us for quite some time now.

Have to say they seem to be getting better and better (but costly as well if you are not an existing customer).

Wondered whether there is a list of reliable -price being a non-issue- business grade email providers.

Who are you with? Why. Who would you recommend? Why.

TIA.
digp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 31 Dec 2007, 02:50 PM   #2
William9
The "e" in e-mail

I noticed the steep price for Webmail.us. Was it $460 per year for 10 mailboxes (the minimum)?
In my experience, LuxSci is a top tier business grade provider with excellent reliability and customer service. I've had an account with them for over a year and there has never been downtime for me. For the few times that I requested support or customer service, I had my issue resolved using a transparent tracking system within hours. Their premium spam filter is extraordinary (it's provided by another company specializing in spam control). Another distinguishing characteristic of LuxSci is its offering secure email/encrypted services. They revised their web interface last year: It's a very good custom webmail app. For business however, you would likely use local e-mail clients with IMAP access.
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2007, 03:10 PM   #3
theog
= Permanently banned =

I'd have to say everyone.net personal email (can use for "business" email) for $34 a year with your own domain, 100 mb per account (5 accounts)... can't share this space, but I hardly use 100 mb anyway (use aol free imap for backup). Business email gets you more space and other features, costs $180 per year.

What are the killer features? Uptime and filters. Been with them for years with little issues (maybe three hours of downtime in 5 to 7 years). With their tiered filters, I have total control of my email. I was worried about them this summer when they lost some people, but they seem to have filled those posts now. In other words, this is not a small operation… anything is possible, but I’m not worried about them being out of business next week.

Their new webmail UI sucks, but you can keep the old UI, which is good enough. They keep messing with the new UI to improve it, so I’d guess they will eventually get it right. New UI is not all that bad, but not as good as aol or hotmail… I use IMAP, so if I login every now and again to see an old inbox, no biggie.

We are about to do our paperwork for another business… the email provider we are going with is everyone.net. For personal email, hotmail or aol works fine…. Business email, pay to play…. Get something with a proven track history and filters that allow you to control your email (many companies have this, not just everyone.net...).
theog is offline   Reply With Quote