EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 6 Aug 2013, 09:30 PM   #1
filbert

Tuffmail Roundcube spellchecker

Pretty trivial, I suppose, but the spell checker in Roundcube doens't work for me any more. I have to rely on it now as my office PC doesn't let me use anything but base IE 8 and I can't add a plug in or use Firefox and certainly no Thunderbird or Postbox.

I did email support to ask about this but haven't had a repsonse yet.

Is it just me or do others have the saame problem?

Rgrds

F
filbert is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 Aug 2013, 02:14 AM   #2
William9
The "e" in e-mail

Several of us are interested in what is the level of support and responsiveness currently provided by Tuffmail, since it's original developer sold the service 2 or 3 years ago. Please keep us informed regarding your experience.
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Aug 2013, 06:43 PM   #3
filbert

Well, I haven't had a response, not even an automated acknowledgement - I would have expected that in response to an email to support from any commercial system.

However, I realised that I sent the email to support@tuffmail.com and the official address is support@tuffmail.net, so I've forwarded it on to the latter address to see if it makes a difference. I would have thought that the .com address would have worked or been forwarded but we'll see what happens.

Rgrds

F
Old 9 Aug 2013, 09:18 PM   #4
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by William9 View Post
Several of us are interested in what is the level of support and responsiveness currently provided by Tuffmail, since it's original developer sold the service 2 or 3 years ago. Please keep us informed regarding your experience.
It looks that the 'new' owner just keeps the service running as it was. Hmm, that doesn't feel good.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2013, 12:58 AM   #5
William9
The "e" in e-mail

I doesn't feel good. Makes one wonder how long it will last without ongoing development. Our choices are getting fewer.
Old 11 Aug 2013, 05:00 PM   #6
zinneken

I too just left tuffmail ... Very sad, but life moves on.
zinneken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2013, 08:52 PM   #7
filbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by filbert View Post
However, I realised that I sent the email to support@tuffmail.com and the official address is support@tuffmail.net, so I've forwarded it on to the latter address to see if it makes a difference.
Just to update the picture - no response to my emails. I have been with tuffmail since Jan 2005 and it would be a wrench to leave . If Derek isn't interested or hasn't the time to run it, maybe someone else could take over and bring it back to is former status.

Rgrds F
Old 29 Aug 2013, 09:44 PM   #8
motm95

Same here. It's a shame. Been with Tuffmail for 6 years but I finally decided not to renew. I've moved over to EuMX and couldn't be happier.
motm95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2013, 10:34 PM   #9
petergh
Master of the @

For what it's worth, I did receive a reply to my most recent ticket opened not more than a few months ago, so presumably someone's still around (or at least was a few months ago).
petergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Sep 2013, 02:04 PM   #10
aleinss

I put in a ticket to Derek and it was answered the next day. For some reason my monthly bandwidth is showing I'm using excessive amounts of bandwidth (IMAP out), but I can't pinpoint whether it's a bug in the Tuffmail monitoring system or I'm actually pushing that much data out somewhere. Anyways, it's still rock solid as ever.

So why are people moving away from Tuffmail? I just got it setup in Maildroid on my phone and Nexus 7...no issues.
aleinss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Sep 2013, 02:52 PM   #11
William9
The "e" in e-mail

I've been with Tuffmail since 2005. I'm on the verge of leaving for three reasons (1) reports of delayed or absent replies to support requests (2) no significant development or updating since Derek bought the service about 2-3 years ago (3) little or no communication with customers.
Compare that to Runbox, for example: similar price range but responsive support and continued improvements. Runbox people care about their service and customers.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 05:01 AM   #12
aleinss

Fair enough. The service felt neglected when John was running it as well. Although this is more common than you might think. If you ever watch the TV show Hotel Impossible, some people buy a hotel and think it will run itself. It crumbles and they just keep collecting the money as it wastes away.

Anyways, if Tuffmail shall stumble I'll just move my email to my web host Eleven2.
aleinss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Sep 2013, 03:42 PM   #13
zinneken

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleinss View Post
The service felt neglected when John was running it as well.
I'd have to disagree there, as long as John was around things were snappy, fast and furious. At least that's what I see in my email correspondence with tuffmail up until I got replies from Derek.
zinneken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Sep 2013, 10:44 PM   #14
William9
The "e" in e-mail

I have Tuffmail support messages saved back to 2005. John Capo was very responsive. Replies were in minutes to hours.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 01:22 AM   #15
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by William9 View Post
I have Tuffmail support messages saved back to 2005. John Capo was very responsive. Replies were in minutes to hours.
Agreed, Tuffmail back in the days of John was very responsive, top notch all the way. I can't speak for how well the new guy has been doing, since I left Tuffmail roughly in the timeframe of when John sold Tuffmail. I knew I could trust John, but I didn't know anything about the new guy. However, I do have a client that is still with Tuffmail and they have told me support has still been pretty good, for whatever that's worth. Their needs are pretty simple, though, so I doubt they've had to rely too heavily on current Tuffmail support.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote