EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 27 Jun 2015, 03:48 AM   #1
Isegrimm

Issues using Fastmail IOS app

Hi,
It happens quite frequently that the app forgets my login details. I usually notice this because I don't get notifications for a while.
It's annoying but it wouldn't be a big problem if the app would at least allow me to paste a clipped password in the password field.
I have a complicated master password which is hard to memorize. I use 1Password to store it and copy/paste passwords into apps that don't have 1Password integration.
But in this case I have to open 1Password on my desktop and manually type in the password, at least twice a week.

For now I don't use the app anymore because of this.

Three suggestions:
- Allow pasting a password in the password-field
- Add 1Password integration
- Even better, make the app remember the used credentials
Isegrimm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Jun 2015, 04:00 AM   #2
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

Not that this helps much, but I'm not having login credentials lost like you describe with the FM iOS app on an iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.3, and an iPad Air 2.

BTW, I do really like the idea of added 1Password integration.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2015, 08:06 AM   #3
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioneja View Post
Not that this helps much, but I'm not having login credentials lost like you describe with the FM iOS app on an iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.3, and an iPad Air 2.
Me neither.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2015, 09:08 AM   #4
Pfolson
Essential Contributor

I hate to pile on, but I'm not having any problem either. I've been using the app since its debut, and in all that time I've only had to re-enter my credentials one time, after an upgrade.

Nevertheless, I also like the idea of integration with 1Password and LastPass, etc.
Pfolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2015, 04:32 AM   #5
Mystakill
Cornerstone of the Community

I haven't looked at the FM app recently, but if it supports extensions, then you should be able to access LastPass and 1Password from the Share icon. Just install the password manager of your choice, and it will be available there. You may need to re-order the extensions to make your password manager more readily accessible.

I've also been able to utilize LastPass from within the Spotify app, even though the login dialog specifically says "1Password". LastPass opens whenever I tap that, which is even more convenient than the Share menu.
Mystakill is offline   Reply With Quote