EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 8 Sep 2015, 11:37 PM   #1
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

No Family Pricing Multi-year Discount?

I was looking at switching my Enhanced account to a family plan for the benefits of syncing calendars with my wife. However, there isn't a multi-year discount available for family/business accounts. Does anyone have an idea why? I want to give FM more business, but would end up paying $80 more over the next five years NOT including the additional account(s) and $5/year family fee.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Sep 2015, 01:18 AM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack View Post
there isn't a multi-year discount available for family/business accounts. Does anyone have an idea why?
Is not offering a multi-year discount for any service something the service provider has to justify?
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Sep 2015, 02:34 AM   #3
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

I think it's a legitimate question. Service providers frequently provide "bulk discounts" -- the more you buy, or the longer you commit the higher the discount. In this case, FM provides discounts to individual users for their cash upfront, but not when those users want to bring in family members?
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2015, 11:57 PM   #4
Mystakill
Cornerstone of the Community

This is the primary reason that I setup forwarding for my kids' domain addresses, rather than setting up additional FM accounts for them. I also can't get my oldest to delete any emails after he's read them, so his account would end up costing me more at some point (which is only sort of related the question at hand, since that's within his control).
Mystakill is offline   Reply With Quote