EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > About this site...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

About this site... Do you have any thoughts, suggestions or comments about this site? Post them here...

Old 6 Mar 2007, 09:14 PM   #136
Scott Kitterman
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
ControlledMail.com
I am having this same problem with having to relogin every time I visit the site since the upgrade.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.10) Gecko/20070302 Ubuntu/dapper-security Firefox/1.5.0.10
Scott Kitterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2007, 03:06 AM   #137
Bamb0
Master of the @

Your remembering to check REMEMBER ME right?

Perhaps it could be edited in the script to have it checked by default like it was on the earlier versions of Vbulletin.. (3.5 was the first version with it unchecked of the 3.x series)

Is it possible Edwin to edit the script and have that box checked by default? (Alot of people are having issues and it would make things easier for them i think.)

Last edited by Bamb0 : 7 Mar 2007 at 02:58 PM.
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2007, 08:55 AM   #138
Edwin
 Administrator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
Is it possible Edwin to edit the script and have that box checked by default? (Alot of people are having issues and it would make things easier for them i think.)
Not easily, no. But of 14,000+ users, only a handful have reported an issue, so I don't think it's a widespread problem. And deleting all cookies then checking the "Remember Me" and relogging in should cure it pretty much 100% of the time. If not, please check to make sure that you're not accidentally blacklisting this site's cookies - unlikely, but I think most major browsers have a "block a given site's cookie" type function.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2007, 11:49 AM   #139
Nektar1973
Essential Contributor

I`m in shock.

The site looks so 2007

Good wook!!!
Nektar1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2007, 03:24 PM   #140
Bamb0
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
Not easily, no. But of 14,000+ users, only a handful have reported an issue, so I don't think it's a widespread problem..
I've sent you a PM with the code edit if you wanna look into it
Old 7 Mar 2007, 06:12 PM   #141
dantheman
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nektar1973 View Post
I`m in shock.

The site looks so 2007

Good wook!!!
Yep.

At first i kind of disliked the oversized fonts,
but it grows on ya just like those oversized sweaters
that became a fad not so long ago.
dantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2007, 06:18 PM   #142
Edwin
 Administrator 

Quote:
I've sent you a PM with the code edit if you wanna look into it
Wow, that was easy - a 1 line fix. So I've changed the behaviour so that the "Remember me" is enabled by default (though it can still be unchecked of course). Thanks!
Old 9 Mar 2007, 12:19 AM   #143
Scott Kitterman
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
ControlledMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Kitterman View Post
I am having this same problem with having to relogin every time I visit the site since the upgrade.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.10) Gecko/20070302 Ubuntu/dapper-security Firefox/1.5.0.10
Today I deleted the cookies, logged in, and came back later. It remembered me for the first time since the upgrade.

Thanks
Scott Kitterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Mar 2007, 04:39 PM   #144
Bamb0
Master of the @

Yup

No one should have anymore login problems
Old 9 Mar 2007, 04:58 PM   #145
newhampshire

Quote:
Yup

No one should have anymore login problems
Thank you for doing the code Bamb0. I wasn't in the mood for cookie hunting and was having similar problems. Not anymore. :-)
newhampshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2007, 02:34 AM   #146
CyberSmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaso View Post
In the old forum software I used to start with the "new posts" link in the forum start page which created a "search" with all the threads that have new posts since the last time I visited the forum. I then kept this open until I browsed through the whole list, which sometimes took more than a day. Now there's a "New Posts" link in the menu bar (and I used it and it produced the same list of messages since the last time I visited. However, it didn't last long. It had 175 threads with new posts, but after I browsed 125 of them, I think, I couldn't get the next 25 and instead got an empty list. So it seems the "New Posts" list is kept for a much shorter time than in the previous version, which is annoying when there are lots of new threads (such as when I return after I was away from the forum for several days.).

On the positive side: having lost the list of unread posts I can go to sleep earlier ...
Considering the number of times that I click on "New Posts" or "Today's Posts" I'm surprised that the searchid # is still so low. ...
CyberSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2007, 03:00 AM   #147
Adam Lachlan
Master of the @

Question

Hi Edwin,

Well done on upgrading the forum. However, I actually find it a lot harder to read/use and follow than the old version. Is it possible for individual users to revert to the old "skin"?

Adam
Adam Lachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2007, 03:41 AM   #148
Sherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Lachlan View Post
Is it possible for individual users to revert to the old "skin"?
Hi Adam,

I, of course, can't speak for Edwin but I will say the new vBulletin version isn't just a new "look" made by a skin. It's all new "coding" that runs the whole thing on the back end. I would think that running two versions of it would be double the work of monitoring, running, updating etc so I'd guess that will not be done.

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2007, 06:12 AM   #149
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Lachlan View Post
Hi Edwin,

Well done on upgrading the forum. However, I actually find it a lot harder to read/use and follow than the old version. Is it possible for individual users to revert to the old "skin"?

Adam
I have to agree, the inconveniences, etc. with this new version still seem to me to outweigh any minor advantages it may have, although some may claim that it's me (or my system) which is "out of date." But I guess one has little choice but to accept "progress", even when it may appear more like a regression from one's personal perspective...
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2007, 08:06 AM   #150
Edwin
 Administrator 

Not possible, I'm afraid - the functionality and "look" are part of the core software (though the latter can be tweaked with templates, as I've already done if you compare this current forum with an out-of-the-box one).