EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 3 Feb 2017, 04:49 AM   #196
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJhsn View Post
Dear Fellow Email Enthusiasts, Administrators, and especially my friends at Fastmail. :-)

I also would like to advocate for keeping the html version of Fastmail.. The thing I find hardest to adopt to is the difference in presentation. The html shows me more information per 'screen' then AJAX version. Can we use our own templates to change the fonts, color, etc formatting like we can in classic?

Another issue is the placement of buttons at the top, not feasible to 'fix' of course as it is part of the design.

Another is the quick way to show all of the email header. This has already has been discussed.

I have some other issues too, but I have to take the time to make a good post, so that will be later (also to re-read the long thread).

One last thing to note is that both Google and Yahoo still have their html modes available and usable.

-Matt Johnson
Not to address all of your points, but a couple of factors you may want to look into ...

If you select the Classic theme (not the Classic interface) when using the current interface, it looks somewhat closer to what you are used to.

While you cannot have your own CSS overrides directly in the current interface, as you can in the old one, depending on your browser, you can use an extension called Stylish to achieve the same effects.If you search this forum for "Stylish", you will find some examples where the extension has been found useful, including for re-enabling some old Classic interface features.

Notwithstanding the above, you certainly cannot create a Classic interface clone by fiddling with the current interface. When it is gone, it is gone.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Feb 2017, 07:57 AM   #197
chickadee

I need help.

Yesterday, I went to a public library to use the Standard FastMail interface. I tried to set up "automatic forwarding" of all incoming messages to another email account, but I apparently made a mistake because automatic forwarding of messages to that account is failing.

What I want to do is have "all incoming messages" that arrive at my FastMail account automatically forwarded to another email account. In addition, a copy of each incoming message should be kept in my FastMail account. What is the configuration information in the Standard interface I need to use?

Years ago, when using the "original" Classic interface, I set up automatic forwarding of incoming messages to other email accounts, and it took me less than a minute to do so.. It was a breeze to do. Unfortunately, one cannot use the current Classic interface to set up automatic forwarding of messages now, and I need help, desperately. Therefore, if you can assist me, please post "step-by-step" instructions on what I should do.

Thank you.
chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Feb 2017, 08:10 AM   #198
jchevali

You can write a Sieve script. This is simple for forwarding:

Code:
redirect "my@other.email";
You can also use it to notify of incoming email without forwarding it:

Code:
notify :method "mailto"
       :options ["my@other.email"]
       :message "$from$ /  / Subject: $subject$";
Sieve is a great tool. It kept me entertained all these years.
jchevali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Feb 2017, 08:13 AM   #199
mballas
Essential Contributor

Setting/Rules/2. Forwarding/Edit, Send a copy of a Message to another account/Send a copy to _______
mballas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Feb 2017, 08:15 AM   #200
Cox

...or just use the regular interface: Open Settings > Mail > Rules and click the "New Rule" button on top of the page.

Set Conditions to "All" and click on the text "The sender's email": A list appears. Click "All messages" on top of the list.

In the Action section click on "Send a copy to" and enter the mail address you would like to forward mails to.

Click save on top of the page. Done
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2017, 01:11 PM   #201
Grhm
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
If you want to use Roundcube, I think it can already work with Fastmail. Of course, it will be a lot slower than using Fastmail's own clients but (if you like using 10-year-old browsers) you presumably do not care much about speed anyway.
Hi Tim,
Accessibility is indeed a more pressing problem to me than speed, so please could you expand on this?
What is Roundcube, exactly, and how can I use it to access Fastmail?
I'm confused.
According to Wikipedia, Roundcube is a 'web-based IMAP email client', but when I go to roundcube.net it seems to require me to have a computer on which to install it.
This seems like a contradiction to me.
If I have to install it and run it on a computer, in what sense is it 'web-based'?
Thanks,
Graham.

Last edited by Grhm : 10 Feb 2017 at 01:25 PM. Reason: IMAP
Grhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2017, 02:20 PM   #202
David
Ultimate Contributor

More info, here.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2017, 08:34 PM   #203
Grhm
Essential Contributor

Hi David.
The item you linked to is about how Fastmail are helping to develop a new version of Roundcube.
That is interesting, but unfortunately it doesn't answer my questions!
Thanks anyway.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 08:41 PM   #204
Gsptlsnz

RoundCube is like Squirrel Mail or Horde Mail. You access it via C-Panel on your web hosting account.
Gsptlsnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2017, 08:44 PM   #205
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grhm View Post
According to Wikipedia, Roundcube is a 'web-based IMAP email client', but when I go to roundcube.net it seems to require me to have a computer on which to install it.
This seems like a contradiction to me.
If I have to install it and run it on a computer, in what sense is it 'web-based'?.
It is installed on the server, not on your personal computer. As a user you use Roundcube as a (possibly one of many) web interface to your account. See "screenshots" on the Roundcube site,
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2017, 08:47 PM   #206
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsptlsnz View Post
You access it via C-Panel on your web hosting account.
No, you access it directly, see e.g. https://ssl.eumx.net/rc/
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2017, 09:04 PM   #207
Gsptlsnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
No, you access it directly, see e.g. https://ssl.eumx.net/rc/
I've only ever seen it on my C-Panel. There is no way to sign up on that page.
Gsptlsnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2017, 09:47 PM   #208
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community

Why the hell are you discussing EuMX in FM's forum?
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2017, 09:57 PM   #209
Grhm
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
Why the hell are you discussing EuMX in FM's forum?
Er, I think it was an illustration of how to use Roundcube, in answer to my question about the nature of Roundcube and how I might use it to access Fastmail.
Apologies if you feel we have strayed too far off topic.

Last edited by Grhm : 10 Feb 2017 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 10:47 PM   #210
Grhm
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsptlsnz View Post
RoundCube is like Squirrel Mail or Horde Mail. You access it via C-Panel on your web hosting account.
I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with those things, too, so the comparison doesn't help.
My web-site is hosted by Fastmail, so does that make Fastmail my 'web hosting account'?
If so, we seem to be going round in circles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
It is installed on the server, not on your personal computer. As a user you use Roundcube as a (possibly one of many) web interface to your account. See "screenshots" on the Roundcube site.
I see the screenshots, but they don't clarify things for me.
Maybe I'm just being dim.
What I'm after is way of accessing my Fastmail account from my phone after the Classic interface is withdrawn.
BritTim suggested Roundcube.
Could somebody please explain in simple terms how to use Roundcube (or Squirrel Mail or Horde or C-Panel or Eumx or anything other than this pesky new "Current" interface) as a web interface for Fastmail.
Thank you.