EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 7 Nov 2017, 08:22 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Pop servers?

Would some kind soul tell me the POP3 servers for Fast Mail? I tried a year or so ago to set up forwarding in FM but was never able to get it to work I would give it another try if someone would steer me in right direction
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 Nov 2017, 02:26 PM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

For POP3, use pop.fastmail.com on port 995 with SSL. You will need to use an App password (see https://www.fastmail.com/help/clients/apppassword.html).

Basic forwarding is not complicated, but issues can sometimes arise, especially when receiving from mailing lists. If you set up a forwarding Rule in the past, and encountered problems, perhaps you could explain the issue before we try to provide advice.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Nov 2017, 04:01 AM   #3
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks Brit Tim I appreciate your help I find I am not allowed forwarding with a trial acct Thanks again
Old 15 Nov 2017, 05:19 AM   #4
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

BritTim do u know if trial version is also unable to use pop3? I have a trial version and cannot get pop3 to work. I got the apps password and did everything to use pop3 to no avail
Old 15 Nov 2017, 06:12 PM   #5
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
BritTim do u know if trial version is also unable to use pop3? I have a trial version and cannot get pop3 to work. I got the apps password and did everything to use pop3 to no avail
I believe POP3 should work for trial accounts. Is it possible that you were trying during the approximately 30 minute outage earlier today?
Old 16 Nov 2017, 05:08 AM   #6
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks BritTim I was finally able to get pop3 working had to get a special password for pop3 Is there a way to delete the trial acct before it expires in 30 days? Just curious
Old 16 Nov 2017, 09:16 AM   #7
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
Thanks BritTim I was finally able to get pop3 working had to get a special password for pop3 Is there a way to delete the trial acct before it expires in 30 days? Just curious
As soon as you pay (which you can do at any time) the account ceases to be a trial account.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 12:27 PM   #8
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks BritTim You have been helpful