EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 29 Jul 2013, 08:21 PM   #16
just1acc
Essential Contributor

I've actually done everything today. I wanted an extra mail (with 2-3 aliases), which must not be among the giant ones. Was happy with a limited fastmail account (no outgoing) but they disabled login yesterday.

MrMail is promising...upgraded to zimbra 8, much more better looking and stable implementation than my previous zimbra experience - lus.com. Yes, whatever they tell, Ajax is working. Little disappointed when I have to maintain an account for email management. That was ok. I could get more addresses under that account but can't make alias of single mailbox.

There was an option of "add alias", but not working. May be its not available for free version.

Thanks ccl1 for the heads up. That was my experience today. Now I'm toying with shtrudel.com.

Good day.

Last edited by just1acc : 29 Jul 2013 at 08:32 PM.
just1acc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2013, 09:06 PM   #17
cptlo306
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by just1acc View Post
I've actually done everything today. I wanted an extra mail (with 2-3 aliases), which must not be among the giant ones. Was happy with a limited fastmail account (no outgoing) but they disabled login yesterday.

MrMail is promising...upgraded to zimbra 8, much more better looking and stable implementation than my previous zimbra experience - lus.com. Yes, whatever they tell, Ajax is working. Little disappointed when I have to maintain an account for email management. That was ok. I could get more addresses under that account but can't make alias of single mailbox.

There was an option of "add alias", but not working. May be its not available for free version.

Thanks ccl1 for the heads up. That was my experience today. Now I'm toying with shtrudel.com.

Good day.
FYI, I'm able to add an alias with a paid account so I suspect you're right that it doesn't work for free accounts.
cptlo306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2013, 10:14 PM   #18
jeffster

I have decided on, and paid for, and EUMX account.

Its Exchange Active Sync works well with my HTC One X Android handset, and the support provided by Rudolf Pinter of EUMX (Fabule ?) was top notch, so I have no hesitation in choosing EUMX as my new email host.
jeffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Aug 2013, 09:12 PM   #19
filbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptlo306 View Post
Aside from the ones already mentioned (Polarismail, etc.), you could get a single Office 365 mailbox with 25gb limit for $4/month.
I can't see this option - it seems to be $9.99/month or $99.99/year, which is quite pricey if yoy don't want all the Office apps as well as email.

Rgrds

F
filbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Aug 2013, 09:16 PM   #20
cptlo306
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by filbert View Post
I can't see this option - it seems to be $9.99/month or $99.99/year, which is quite pricey if yoy don't want all the Office apps as well as email.

Rgrds

F
Go to this link: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...103739072.aspx
cptlo306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Aug 2013, 11:02 PM   #21
filbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptlo306 View Post
Thanks for that, it's pretty buried - and it's a similar price in UK pounds (£2.60) instead of the usual replace dollar sign with pound sign. Interesting.

Here's the link for anyone wanting the UK option: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/ex...103739072.aspx

Rgrds

Peter
filbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2013, 03:05 PM   #22
radtux

Hi Jeff,

Have you looked at Fruux?

I have Fastmail account and use Fruux to sync my Blackberry Q10 with their servers and my desktop. Set up instructions for Windows/Mac/Linux are very easy with your smartphone (iPhone/Android) but I prefer Blackberry.

MS Exchange works out to be expensive and Fruux is free of cost for I think 3 or 4 devices. Have a look at this set up before you commit your hard earned money to other alternatives here.
radtux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2013, 03:41 PM   #23
soromak
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by radtux View Post
Hi Jeff,

Have you looked at Fruux?

I have Fastmail account and use Fruux to sync my Blackberry Q10 with their servers and my desktop. Set up instructions for Windows/Mac/Linux are very easy with your smartphone (iPhone/Android) but I prefer Blackberry.

MS Exchange works out to be expensive and Fruux is free of cost for I think 3 or 4 devices. Have a look at this set up before you commit your hard earned money to other alternatives here.
A few entries earlier Jeff mentioned that he already decided to go with EuMX. IMHO he invested his money quite well.

And at the price quoted earlier MS Exchange (office 365) works out to be as expensive as Fastmail enhanced account but with more storage, and as a complete solution with tasks, calendars and option to sync between multiple devices without going through workarounds like Fruux which allows to sync for free only 2 devices. And without giving your credentials and accesing your e-mails by another service.
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2013, 04:24 PM   #24
radtux

I overlooked that post.

However, I personally think that Fastmail and Exchange Sync are two different email protocols that are akin to apples and oranges. I personally prefer Fastmail (and use the web interface on Work, if needed) with it's inbuilt security features like two factor authentication and Yubikey. Each one has individual requirements but 10GB in the present account is more than sufficient for my needs.

As for Fruux, two device limit is fair enough; they are running a special promo scheme for professional accounts (upto 75% off) but I have not needed it as yet.

Fastmail is not indefensible but I will never use a MS product for reasons related to privacy. Outlook as a desktop client is horrendous with complicated user interface which is a pain to use.

My Q10 works fine with the work account which is based in Exchange.
radtux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2013, 05:02 AM   #25
jeffster

Hi Guys,

Definitely happy with my decision to go with "EUMX" which is a high quality service.

As for "Fruux", I have been a paid user of "Memotoo" (www.memotoo.com) for a couple of years, as a back up for contacts, etc, and find it a very good service, which IMHO is better than Fruux, at least at the current time.
jeffster is offline   Reply With Quote