EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 12 Aug 2012, 03:12 AM   #31
cahero

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmailHosting View Post
GoDaddy.com is likely the number one domain name registration company in terms of total domains registered. Also, they have phone support which is missing with Namecheap.

Personally, I think GoDaddy.com does a wonderful job servicing its customers and is very responsive.
Never had a problem with GoDaddy either, and never had any problem transferring a domain away from them. With coupon codes they have probably the lowest prices.
On the other hand if you don't want to bother with looking for discounts and want privacy included for "free" check out "Namesilo" and "Internetbs dot net."
Prices are the among the cheapest and no coupon codes are required, and "FREE PRIVACY" is included EVERY year...not just one year like namecheap.

I've moved a couple domains to each (easy move from godaddy) and will see how it goes. Really I'm just looking for a simpler control panel than godaddy and less clutter and "upsell" stuff. Plus, just like email I like to support smaller operations, although not too small of course.
cahero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2012, 12:53 AM   #32
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmailHosting View Post
GoDaddy.com is likely the number one domain name registration company in terms of total domains registered. Also, they have phone support which is missing with Namecheap.

Personally, I think GoDaddy.com does a wonderful job servicing its customers and is very responsive.
I had one domain with them a long while ago and found their support extremely tough to reach. Since then I started using Name and United Domains and found them excellent. Maybe GoDaddy improved a lot since then or maybe I was just unlucky; but since I'm happy at Name and United Domains I'm not going to test ride GoDaddy again. They are the biggest in numbers, but that doesn't always say a lot.

On domaining forums, they seem to be really popular mainly for those who want everything cheap, cheaper, cheapest. Those who want quality support and more features, usually aren't fans of GoDaddy. Of course, like this forum, all opinions on that domaining forum are just personal opinions.

I must add I quite dislike their marketing strategies like the GoDaddy Girls or whatever they are called. This may be a wrong impression but it gives me the impression of a company that is not focussing on what it should do: providing quality domain registrations. Name.com, Namecheap, Tucows, etc have not done so much media campaigns but they nonetheless do an excellent job. They come across to me as focussed on what they are for: domains. GoDaddy somehow gives me a strange feeling with all those other things they do.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2012, 06:09 AM   #33
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahero View Post
A couple lesser known registrars are:

Namesilo and

Internetbs dot Net

Both have really good prices (on transfers and renewals too) and I believe they both offer free "privacy" protection unlike namecheap which is only good for the first year.

I only have one domain at each so I can't give you a long term experience with either, but they seem to have excellent reputations.
One of my Namecheap domains was shortly due for renewal, so I decided to try out Namesilo.

Initiated the transfer - the whole procedure was quick and successful.

I must say, although early days, I'm impressed with Namesilo. Their prices, combined with the free privacy, is much cheaper than a Namecheap renewal of both the domain and the privacy.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2012, 08:09 PM   #34
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Keep in mind though that Namesilo is virtually unknown amongst many in the domaining field. Is it a recently founded registrar, or one that has been around for a while in relative obscurity? In any ways, I would say the knowledge your registrar is unlikely to cease operations anytime soon is worth the few extra dollars or euros.

PS I speak in general now, not against Namesilo. I am just saying: relying on the registrars you know are reliable on the long haul is worth the few extra dollars.

PS II: internetbs.net is widely discussed on domaining forums. Haven't tried them myself though but they are quite well known.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2012, 09:14 PM   #35
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Sage counsel, Tsu.

I was debating whether or not to let this particular domain expire, but of course I always have to try something new!
Old 18 Sep 2012, 01:32 PM   #36
William9
The "e" in e-mail

Another registrar worth looking at is Hover.com. LifeHacker has an article about the best domain name registrars. Hover and Name.com are voted very well liked along with others mentioned here.
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2012, 02:17 PM   #37
goob

I tried hover to set up a domain for email and was happy with the simple, non-cluttered interface. I expect I will be switching my domains to them from godaddy. It is nice being able to add private registration (by default!!!) within the same service.

(google for discount codes if you use them)
goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2012, 03:38 AM   #38
William9
The "e" in e-mail

Yes. I really like the non-cluttered interface. They also seem to specialize in domains rather than trying to sell you many other ancillary products and services. Reviews are great!
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2012, 10:22 PM   #39
gaia

I use mydomain.com for half a dozen domains. They recently changed their system & it was dreadful as MX changes wouldn't propagate during the 3 months that they ran parallel systems & they screwed up one of the domain migrations. Other than that they were fine before & after their system changeover.
gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2013, 03:29 PM   #40
shreevinay

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy51 View Post
I did a search and didnt see anything about this

I know a lot here have their own domains and registrars

Rated according to this

1) Support

2) ease of use

3Ease of transfer in and out

4) Price
Accoring to me, the best domain registrar is Advertizing removed . I have checked out all the four features as you have already mentioned. Still, they are providing a lot of fruiful services and good customer support to me.

Last edited by ReuvenNY : 27 Feb 2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Advertizing removed
shreevinay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2013, 04:48 PM   #41
krimlin
Essential Contributor

I've registered my first domain with www.inwx.com a couple of years ago, never had a single issue with them, so I never had a reason to change either.
krimlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2014, 09:21 PM   #42
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

NameSilo offers free email forwarding

Not previously available.

https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Email-Forwarding

PS: I'm not advertising - I'm just a NameSilo customer who thinks that others here may be interested in this information.
Old 4 Apr 2014, 01:13 AM   #43
jeffster

I have a handful of domains with "Gandhi" (https://www.gandi.net), who have offices in Paris (HQ) and San Francisco.

Very easy and quick to register domains with them, and pricing is very good IMHO.

Having used other domain registrars in the past, I am very happy that I switched to "Gandi, and dont regret my decision at all
jeffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Apr 2014, 02:20 PM   #44
randian
Cornerstone of the Community

I'd recommend DynaDot and Name.
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Apr 2014, 05:28 PM   #45
Just Bill

I generally avoid GoDaddy.
Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote