EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 19 Jan 2017, 08:15 AM   #1
gr8baldeagle

gMail via Firefox gone mad.

My gMail inside Firefox has gone mad. After login, instead of taking me to my mail, it takes me to this page: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en . And all attempts to get to my mail fail. I've tried removing and reinstalling Firefox, but the same thing keeps happening. It is okay in all other browsers, but FF is my browser of choice. Any suggestions??? Thanks. Jerry
gr8baldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Jan 2017, 08:28 AM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

I use Firefox with GMail and it works fine. It is possible that an 'extension' you are using might be the cause of the problem. You could try disabling these, one at a time.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2017, 10:31 AM   #3
gr8baldeagle

Thanks David. My add-ons haven't change for months and everything has worked fine until today. I was trying to remove an old gmail address that was coming up when I reached the login page. First I cleared all my cookies, which didn't help. Then tried and failed to find an online chat with google to ask about it. That search lead me to the page that now comes up when I do log in. Again tried to delete all cookies, but it didn't help in this case either. But it isn't my add-ons.
gr8baldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2017, 01:31 PM   #4
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8baldeagle View Post
Thanks David. My add-ons haven't change for months and everything has worked fine until today. I was trying to remove an old gmail address that was coming up when I reached the login page. First I cleared all my cookies, which didn't help. Then tried and failed to find an online chat with google to ask about it. That search lead me to the page that now comes up when I do log in. Again tried to delete all cookies, but it didn't help in this case either. But it isn't my add-ons.
I am confused also.... but do not consider this to be a Firefox problem.......

Could you try to login using a different machine (using Firefox) - this is not a lot of help, I know,
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2017, 06:45 AM   #5
Adrian Bell
Cornerstone of the Community

The Google page suggests clearing your cache. Have you tried that?

Note that uninstalling Firefox will not necessarily remove your profile and data:-

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_firefox

"Note: In Firefox 30.0 and below, the uninstaller includes the option, "Remove my Firefox personal data and customizations". This removes your Firefox user profile data (bookmarks, passwords, cookies, extensions, preferences, etc.). DO NOT select this option if you want to keep your Firefox profile data and settings. This option has been removed in Firefox 31 so, if you wish to remove your Firefox user profile data, you will need to do it manually"
Adrian Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2017, 02:23 PM   #6
edu

Test it with your add-ons disabled. In the menu: Help - Troubleshooting Information - Restart with Add-ons disabled. If it doesn´t work then it could be your antivirus or firewall.
edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Feb 2017, 10:35 PM   #7
TenFour
Master of the @

Set Firefox to clear your cache and cookies every time you log out. In my experience that is necessary to have a good experience on Firefox. I have seen many Firefox problems instantly fixed by clearing the cache and cookies. Clear them, then close Firefox, then start a new session. I bet it will be fine after that.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Feb 2017, 12:05 AM   #8
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8baldeagle View Post
My add-ons haven't change for months and everything has worked fine until today.
But Firefox or Gmail may have. Specifically, in the way that they interact with an add-on. I would suggest as edu did and start that browser in safe mode to disable all add-ons. That's a place to start anyway. Good luck.

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote