EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 20 Sep 2004, 01:39 AM   #61
psalzer

Maybe it's different with Plus. I guess the free trial is a good thing, if one is considering it. It can be checked out.
psalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2004, 06:08 AM   #62
gdg

Quote:
Originally posted by psalzer
I have a question on that. Does your IP address appear when you send from Yahoo Plus? It does with the free Yahoo. I just noticed that the other day, as I hadn't used Yahoo mail for a long time, but it does If so, do you think that's important?
I have the free trial...sent an email to my Gmail...clicked on "Show Original" in Gmail...and it appears it does show my IP address. However, my IP address does not stay the same all the time because of my cable internet connection, so I'm not sure if that matters. I'm not even sure it matters anyway, unless you're trying to hide from someone...but why send them an email anyway?
gdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2004, 06:12 AM   #63
Ennis
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally posted by gdgrph
I'm not even sure it matters anyway, unless you're trying to hide from someone...but why send them an email anyway?
Why indeed...
Ennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2004, 07:22 AM   #64
greenplum
Essential Contributor

What has the last two pages of this thread to do with the original subject ... When is the Upgrade? ... it has more than drifted OT
greenplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2004, 07:26 AM   #65
gdg

Quote:
Originally posted by greenplum
What has the last two pages of this thread to do with the original subject ... When is the Upgrade? ... it has more than drifted OT
Just goes to show what happens to the attention span of customers when the upgrade takes too long.
gdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2004, 11:52 AM   #66
hunter
Essential Contributor

I'm beginning to think the upgrade will happen on 30'th September 23:59:59. That is if FM keep their promise, which I believe they will. Regretfuly, I think FM should have made a statement that the upgrade will happen early October or to be optimistic end of september.

I am not complaining of anything though I'm just very anxious, and my anxiety makes me always look at subscription details whenever I go to FM login page and everytime I have to say to myself "its just my wishful thinking"
hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2004, 07:31 PM   #67
steve.nz

Walla

While waiting for the upgrade to fastmail (which I'm looking forward to by the way), check out Walla mail with the free 1 gig storage. Just like GMail but it is up and running it seems. http://www.walla.com/
steve.nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2004, 08:52 PM   #68
LrdVader
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by gdgrph
However, my IP address does not stay the same all the time because of my cable internet connection, so I'm not sure if that matters.
Cable modem IP assignments tend to be very stable, especially if you leave your computer on a lot or have a NAT router that constantly renews the lease. I've had my current IP since July 2003.

Just an FYI. I, too, remain unconvinced that it's a big deal.
LrdVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2004, 09:06 PM   #69
vinmar
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by LrdVader
Cable modem IP assignments tend to be very stable, especially if you leave your computer on a lot or have a NAT router that constantly renews the lease.
Once I had the same "dynamic" IP address for months, and that's without a router or leaving the PC on, just left the cable modem on.
vinmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2004, 09:13 PM   #70
LrdVader
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by vinmar
Once I had the same "dynamic" IP address for months, and that's without a router or leaving the PC on, just left the cable modem on.
That can happen, depending on the length of the DHCP lease and how long the PC is offline. The cable modem itself won't actually hold the IP for you, though, so if you leave the PC off long enough (or at the right time, so your lease expires and somebody else gets the IP), your IP may change.
LrdVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2004, 03:31 AM   #71
bitequator
The "e" in e-mail

^ Also I think once or twice my cable modem ISP had forcibly changed everyone's IPs after some network failure/recovery or something, but I could be wrong...
bitequator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2004, 08:52 PM   #72
jarosch

Hi,

when the upgrades occur this month, is there a chance that the prices for additional mailbox become lower?

With 3 GB I could tranfer all my mail to fm and have 200-300 MB space free but 200 $ is a little bit too much.
jarosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2004, 09:51 PM   #73
fhapgood
Master of the @

Re: Walla

Quote:
Originally posted by steve.nz
While waiting for the upgrade to fastmail (which I'm looking forward to by the way), check out Walla mail with the free 1 gig storage. Just like GMail but it is up and running it seems. http://www.walla.com/
Who are these people? What are they offering? There is no description of their service on their site and not even any way to ask for one.
fhapgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2004, 10:21 PM   #74
ReuvenNY

Re: Re: Walla

Quote:
Originally posted by fhapgood
Who are these people? What are they offering? There is no description of their service on their site and not even any way to ask for one.
Check this thread for more info:
http://www.emaildiscussions.com/...ighlight=walla
ReuvenNY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2004, 11:36 PM   #75
pingme97
Essential Contributor

but no one is answering when is FM upgrade going to happen

pingme97 is offline   Reply With Quote