EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 6 Feb 2015, 04:50 AM   #391
ccl1
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
How does SpamExperts compare to McAfee? They seem to be similar in how they work (a redirection front-end to the actual mail service). I didn't like McAfee, their configuration was stupid and restrictive, the web UI straight out of 2000-era Windows hell, and you couldn't template settings to share for several domains. There was often delay on the order of minutes between when an email is sent and when it gets through to you. The catch and release for the quarantine didn't work conveniently either.
here is a walkthrough for spamexperts config with cpanel https://www.siteground.com/tutorials...am-experts.htm
maybe it will answer some of your questions
ccl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Feb 2015, 09:58 AM   #392
scott2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post
OwnCloud no longer considered to be in testing.

OwnCloud and webmail now run on their own dedicated server instead of on the MX1 server. We're looking to grow, hope you guys are enjoying your service
I am really enjoying the service. Just getting started with playing with Owncloud. I managed to add my free Amazon S3 storage in there just as a test. Any plans to offer more storage space within your service?
scott2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Feb 2015, 11:17 AM   #393
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
I am really enjoying the service. Just getting started with playing with Owncloud. I managed to add my free Amazon S3 storage in there just as a test. Any plans to offer more storage space within your service?
Glad to hear it! I am considering whether an all around increase would be justified. Right now it sits on a 1TB partition shared only by webmail and our static HTML website. I've heard OwnCloud tends to not scale well when treated like a backup system, but thrives on document storage.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2015, 10:29 AM   #394
scott2020

Are you considering, or have you already, loaded something like Libreoffice with libreoffice-headless to view and convert Word documents and such? I tried uploading a document in Word format to edit and got:

Failed to load this document. Please check if it can be opened with an external odt editor.

Just curious. Sorry, this might not be the best place for this discussion.
scott2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2015, 07:52 PM   #395
walesrob
Essential Contributor

Email logs?

The one feature I'd love to see is email logs (for incoming and/or outgoing emails for each account). I don't know how easy or difficult it would be to implement this, but if you could, it would be awesome and you'll have a customer for life.
walesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2015, 03:52 AM   #396
randian
Cornerstone of the Community

Is the email and OwnCloud file storage quota shared? Are CardDAV and CalDAV in OwnCloud enabled?
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2015, 08:20 AM   #397
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2020 View Post
Are you considering, or have you already, loaded something like Libreoffice with libreoffice-headless to view and convert Word documents and such? I tried uploading a document in Word format to edit and got:

Failed to load this document. Please check if it can be opened with an external odt editor.

Just curious. Sorry, this might not be the best place for this discussion.
I have it enabled and it seems to be working for new documents at least. Would you mind e-mailing me a sample document at jarland@mxroute.com? I actually don't have a copy of MS Word so it might be best to work from similar source data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
The one feature I'd love to see is email logs (for incoming and/or outgoing emails for each account). I don't know how easy or difficult it would be to implement this, but if you could, it would be awesome and you'll have a customer for life.
Hmm. This is an interesting idea. A few ideas pop up, not sure if they'll turn into anything but it never hurts to add ideas to the pool.

Quote:
Is the email and OwnCloud file storage quota shared? Are CardDAV and CalDAV in OwnCloud enabled?
Right now I have the quota set to 512MB per account, since I have no way of estimating how many people will use it and technically every client has the ability to create unlimited OwnCloud accounts by creating IMAP accounts. Of course, if I see someone going down the alphabet and filling up 512MB per account we might have to start a conversation. CardDAV and CalDAV are both enabled and should be integrated into Z-Push this weekend.
Old 12 Feb 2015, 08:45 AM   #398
randian
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post
CardDAV and CalDAV are both enabled and should be integrated into Z-Push this weekend.
Does the system auto-detect calendar items embedded in email?
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2015, 08:51 AM   #399
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Does the system auto-detect calendar items embedded in email?
Your mail client might but there won't be anything server side to do that.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 11:18 AM   #400
emebrs
Essential Contributor

Does trash get automatically deleted? I am just wondering if I need to start using the "purge" link next to the trash in SquirrelMail from time to time.
emebrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2015, 01:31 PM   #401
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by emebrs View Post
Does trash get automatically deleted? I am just wondering if I need to start using the "purge" link next to the trash in SquirrelMail from time to time.
Only if your mail client does it. I like to avoid the inevitable client who says "I had something important in there."

I kid you not, I've had a client tell me "We lost thousands of dollars because you didn't migrate our Trash folder." Of course, I had to laugh, but it's one less thing
Old 1 Mar 2015, 02:11 AM   #402
emebrs
Essential Contributor

That's funny. Maybe I'll start using the Recycle Bin to store the most important files on my Windows desktop.
Old 1 Apr 2015, 10:13 PM   #403
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

@MXroute on Twitter today:

Use promo code MX10 for 10% off (recurring) on any of our packages!

Don't think it's an April Fool!
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2015, 09:11 AM   #404
emebrs
Essential Contributor

Error for SquirrelMail

Quote:
Preference file, yyy, could not be opened. Contact your system administrator to resolve this issue.
(Changed the path to "yyy" for privacy)
Old 9 Apr 2015, 02:03 PM   #405
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by emebrs View Post
Error for SquirrelMail
Good old Squirrel, the one thing I *never* remember to test! Thanks for catching that! I moved it to London behind Voxility filtering, forgot a chown on the sqdata directory. All set