EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 12 Nov 2009, 06:32 AM   #31
aleinss

I've been using Tuffmail since 2005 and it's been rock solid. I use the IMP 4.1 interface via the web and Office 2007 on Windows 7 at home.
aleinss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2009, 02:41 AM   #32
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
I am also looking for a new mailhost for various reasons but I would like this one to be permanent, without any intention to change email address again within the forseeable future (a bit of experimenting with services aside, I mean that I would intend to not change my primary account again after this time)

My requirements would be:
- reliable and stable, with very strong indications the service will not fold within the forseeable future
- good support per email and/or per phone (preferably both)
- option to only receive emails from trusted contacts, blocking (not redirecting to spamfolder but really blocking) mails from all other addresses
- secure login, preferably very secure so that I can use it from public computers as well (I do travel a lot and thus often have to rely on internet cafes)
- large storage

Preferably the service would also allow to:
- host own domainname
- track IP and time/date of sign-ins

Any recommendations for a service meeting the above criteria?

PS: I already have LuxSci but so far mainly used it for the premium archive rather than for the regular email traffic, let alone the ones from public computers (as they tend to be quite poorly protected in general)
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2009, 03:47 AM   #33
Tom Gallagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
ah, chuckster. Aside from the occasional post about gmail, I believe all of your posts seem to bash Fastmail.

I'm quite sure every email service has had downtime. At least with Fastmail, there are real people that can be contacted to help. I've never heard of anybody receiving a personal response (or any response, for that matter) at gmail.

It's really OK if you prefer a different service, we don't mind
That's funny.
Tom Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2009, 09:20 AM   #34
JRobert
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
I am also looking for a new mailhost for various reasons but I would like this one to be permanent, without any intention to change email address again within the forseeable future
I would suggest you separate your requirements for email address permanence and mail provider attributes. If you register a domain you'd like to use for your e-mail address, you should never have to change it - even if you change providers - as long as you keep it registered. You can have it forwarded to, or hosted by, whatever provider you choose, and you'll have more freedom to try, and if necessary, reject, email providers until you find one you like, without impacting your actual address.
JRobert is offline   Reply With Quote