EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 16 Feb 2015, 09:12 PM   #1
Agx

Email security: What is better?

Hi,

I have make some test and I have discover that that only free email that support very high security system is Gmail.

An example:

Gmail support DKIM, SPF, DMARC and EV certificate
Outlook: SPF and DMARC and EV certificate

The best protection is given from provider like Fastmail, but Gmail is the only that have spent a large amount of time to increase the security.

It's very incredible... the most privacy lesive company that spent a big amount of money to improve the privacy and security of their users.
Agx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17 Feb 2015, 12:39 AM   #2
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agx View Post
Hi,

I have make some test and I have discover that that only free email that support very high security system is Gmail.

An example:

The best protection is given from provider like Fastmail, but Gmail is the only that have spent a large amount of time to increase the security.

It's very incredible... the most privacy lesive company that spent a big amount of money to improve the privacy and security of their users.
You really can't put privacy and security together. It is absolutely two different things and not related to each other. Service can be super secured, but offer you little privacy and vice versa.

List that you provide not even related to any of this, but show how service treat incoming email for spam. When it's good approach and may safe your inbox from spam, it also mark few legit emails as spam.
scryptmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2015, 12:37 AM   #3
Havokmon

Representative of:
VFEmail.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agx View Post
Hi,

An example:

This looks like a troll question to me.

EV Certificates provide no 'security', they provide additional 'validation'. When you buy a certificate now, you get a single email to ensure you are the owner. That one email is 'validation' that the owner is correct, and lasts for years.
EV is just more intrusive, but I cannot confirm or deny how often the validation is rechecked. That's the important part. If it's still valid for years, then it's just as irrelevant as validation on a regular cert.

Use the Qualys SSL tool to check for basic security on webmail services.
Havokmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2015, 03:30 AM   #4
rockman

If it involves Google, security is paramount to THEM, not you. Expect ZERO privacy with your data.
rockman is offline   Reply With Quote