EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 5 Sep 2006, 07:18 AM   #61
pin
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by njlieckfeldt
Yes, I suppose so.Have emailed support this morning after a reply which I didn't quite understand but haven't heard back. I suspect it's a busy time right now with the Fastmail refugees...
I feel this may be the reason for John's recent comments which to me seem a little out of character.
pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Sep 2006, 02:42 AM   #62
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

Ultimately, it's up to the Tuffmail people to decide what's best for their business; and it's a sad fact of life that businesses aren't charities, however much we might want them to be.

Perhaps when everything has quietened down a bit, John Capo might like to come on to this thread and explain the decision.
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Sep 2006, 05:40 AM   #63
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by William9
My interactions with Tuffmail support have also been exemplary. It's a great service.
I guess that the mass of sign-ups by FastMail refugees creates a burden, particularly since we have been told that most of them are just using the 30 day free trial.
True, but "them's the breaks" when you offer a 30-day trial account...without any sort of stipulation stating that "your current provider must be up and running..."
rmns2bseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 01:48 AM   #64
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

After receiving a refund for my subscription I had some time ago, I paid for another subscription in the hopes that my original issues would be resolved. (Slow delivery times, logon errors, etc.)

After applying for another refund, I received this reply:

Quote:
That's the second refund so please do not come back again. Why waste our time and yours.
Not really what I would call stellar customer service. I guess on the upside, his reply *was* fairly quick.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 02:17 AM   #65
newhampshire

Quote:
Originally posted by petergh
And mine as well. John Capo's responses to my support enquiries have been consistently thorough, competent and arrived within a few hours--even on Saturdays and Sundays. There are also no automatic replies to mail sent to support. Only one other provider I've tried has had the same level of customer support and that was MailSnare. Unfortunately, their storage quota didn't meet my needs.
I'm really surprized to read this. I have a paid MailSnare account that has one sole purpose (poll an IMAP server and forward to my fastmail account). I have had 4 problems with MailSnare doing just that and sent 4 emails to support over a period of one year as the various problems came up.

Only once did I recieve a reply from MailSnare support, and that reply was "Sorry this is a known bug".

The other three times my support request was never returned.....
newhampshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 03:10 AM   #66
ReuvenNY

Mailsnare's service, judging by the comments on their forum, has deteriorated lately. That's unfortunate, as service was their strong point...
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote