EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 24 Dec 2005, 03:20 AM   #16
Sherry

I would think they want anything with "FastMail" to be used by "all" levels. It's great advertising. If they can't have .com then I think .net is the next best thing.

It's just to bad that they didn't give F/E accounts some of the better business/professional sounding domains and, at least, 20 or 30 addresses for the upper levels... (IMO)

Sherry

EDIT: On the other hand it's such a great domain it might just help someone who's undecided (teetering on the edge) to move to a subscription level.
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2005, 04:05 AM   #17
Chipper
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherry
It's just to bad that they didn't give F/E accounts some of the better business/professional sounding domains and, at least, 20 or 30 addresses for the upper levels... (IMO)
I agree that some of the "cooler" and/or more professional sounding domains should be F/E only. In a somewhat related vein, the fact that 16mail, 50mail, 150mail & 150ml are only for paying members has also struck me a bit "interesting." (I realize that they are based on the old limits before the GMail inspired increase.)

Anyway, like Sherry, JMHO.

However, there are some nice domains for paying custs only so the overall policy is pretty much fine with me.
Chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2005, 04:54 AM   #18
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Chipper
In a somewhat related vein, the fact that 16mail, 50mail, 150mail & 150ml are only for paying members has also struck me a bit "interesting."
Chipper: I always thought 150ml related to 150 milliliters - not a lot of capacity when you think about it
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2005, 01:43 PM   #19
beq
Cornerstone of the Community

So... will Jeremy/Rob and the FM staff have a nice Christmas surprise for us? Unless it's planned for New Year's surprise, that is.

I just happen to be in the midst of adding new addresses and reorganizing many folders (thus changing their corresponding folder addressing), and would like to take care of changing the forwarding entries to this new homedomain at the same time. I say 'tis better time spent than the hustle and bustle of last-minute holiday shopping, haha...

The new homedomain will be really nice to use, until such time when FM will let us use our own-domain address for account login
beq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2005, 07:34 AM   #20
CyberSmurf

Congratulations on acquiring the ".net". Much nicer TLD that ".fm", in my opinion.

Actually, all of my paid or ISP accounts are either ".net" or ".ca" (Canada).
CyberSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2005, 10:18 PM   #21
snsh
Cornerstone of the Community

I'm curious- is the Fastmail.FM brand going to be known as Fastmail.net going forward?
Is Fastmail.net going to be the new 'default' domain for new signups?
Or was the acquisition more defensive so nobody else uses it to launch an email service?
snsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2005, 06:05 AM   #22

nice...very nice...

Thanks JeremyHoward for the domain.

I'm going to use fastmail.net....dang it...i told people my email is at FastMail dot FM, they still write it to fastmail.com/.net

JH, when does this domain go active? FMbeta is valid at http://www.fastmail.net/beta/ right?

Does imap settings work at fastmail.net?

Thank you.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2005, 04:50 PM   #23
Sherry

As long as we're on the subject of fastmail domains I noticed a fastmail.jp. I don't remember that posted before. Is it new? If yes we would now have 104 and with the .net it's 105! (plus any others they added but didn't post, or I missed seeing )

Sherry
Old 30 Dec 2005, 10:53 PM   #24
Chipper
Master of the @

The list in FAQ is missing a few. I just did a copy & paste into word and then created a numbered list. I only got 98.

If I have time later today, I'll try to figure out which ones are missing. Unfortunately, I'm at work at the moment and they have this strange policy that they want you to do company related business while on the clock.
Chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2005, 12:26 AM   #25
digp
Master of the @

yes it is a rather strange concept isn't it?
digp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2005, 02:26 AM   #26
Sherry

Quote:
Originally posted by Chipper
If I have time later today, I'll try to figure out which ones are missing.
This list might help. I keep adding to it when I see them post something. I just updated it adding the fastmail.jp bringing it to 104.

FastMail Domains

Sherry
Old 31 Dec 2005, 02:56 AM   #27
Sherry

Ok, I believe these are the missing ones in the FM list. (didn't want your boss mad at you Chipper )

emailcorner.net
emailengine.net
emailengine.org
fastmail.jp
h-mail.us
inoutbox.com

Sherry
Old 1 Jan 2006, 08:22 AM   #28
robmueller
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of: