EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 26 Aug 2003, 02:49 AM   #1
camner
Cornerstone of the Community

backup email solution

I've been following the various threads on this subject with some interest.

Based on what I've learned, I set up a functioning, basic backup email that isn't too complicated (they're ALL somewhat complicated, alas...).

I was going to post the method here, but it got rather lengthy, and I wanted to include some screen shots that I can't include here.

I was thinking of posting it on my web site, with a reference here. Before I do so, I want opinions on whether I'm being too paranoid to think along these lines...

If I post a link, such as http://www.mydomain.tld/backupemail.htm, can (will?) a "harvester" discover that mydomain.tld is a valid, existing domain, and thus do I risk increasinging the liklihood of massive spam? For some (lucky!) reason, my domain currently is just about spam-free!
camner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Aug 2003, 02:52 AM   #2
kander
The "e" in e-mail

I dunno. I happily post my domain just about everywhere, and still have to receive my first spams, so I'd say it doesn't matter.

But if you're overly paranoid, perhaps it's better to post it on the Fastmail Wiki (wiki.fastmail.fm) so it can sit among the other redundancy/backup solutions...

--K
kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2003, 02:58 AM   #3
mammaduck
Cornerstone of the Community

or you could post it like: http// wwwDOTmydomainDOTcom / or replace the dots with spaces. That way the bots can't harvest them........... I think

Hanneke
mammaduck is offline   Reply With Quote