EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 22 Jul 2014, 10:38 PM   #166
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
Ah, but how long before you start charging?
Haha you guys see my business plan

Never be afraid to ask for a deal. He who asks is far more likely to receive.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2014, 11:26 AM   #167
emebrs
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlau View Post
Thunderbird would be my preference between the two
So Thunderbird is leaner? Without knowing, I would have assumed Evolution involves less heft and fewer dependencies. Evolution seems to be preferred in Red Hat and CentOS, after all. I wonder why.
emebrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2014, 03:56 PM   #168
adamlau

Quote:
Originally Posted by emebrs View Post
So Thunderbird is leaner?
In a GNOME-free environment, yes. In a GNOME environment, possibly (depends on what you already have installed).

Quote:
Evolution seems to be preferred in Red Hat and CentOS, after all. I wonder why.
Because GNOME is set as the default desktop environment. Give Claws Mail a try (FYI it is the default MUA in Tails).
adamlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2014, 05:53 AM   #169
adamlau

Manage Your Account Broken?

https://billing.mxroute.com/clientarea.php takes me to a blank page. Anyone else experiencing the same?
Old 25 Jul 2014, 06:14 AM   #170
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
https://billing.mxroute.com/clientarea.php takes me to a blank page. Anyone else experiencing the same?
I can't get into billing either, but can access panel ok:

http://mxroute.com/panel
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2014, 06:24 AM   #171
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Odd. Was that temporary? It's loading for me. Will check logs when I get off the mean streets of Houston.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 08:50 AM   #172
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Following up on this, seems to have been up. Feel free to e-mail support@mxroute.org if you continue to have trouble

Code:
# grep "24/Jul/2014:14:[4-5]" billing.mxroute.com | awk '{print $9}' | uniq -c | sort -nr
     13 200
     12 200
      2 200
      2 200
      1 404
      1 404
      1 302
Edit: And...I found the problem. Logs wouldn't have caught this, my bad. As usual, everything works until production :P

Admittedly, the billing area has been an extremely unprofessional mess on my part since I moved it from Catalyst. This is entirely my fault and I apologize for it.

Last edited by jarland : 25 Jul 2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 09:03 PM   #173
randian
Cornerstone of the Community

I can't login to webmail or use SMTP right now on mxroute.org. Both fail as if my account has disappeared. I can't login to the billing interface either.

As an aside, I noticed that the webmail interface has been moved from mxroute.org to mx.mxroute.org.
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2014, 02:06 AM   #174
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
I can't login to webmail or use SMTP right now on mxroute.org. Both fail as if my account has disappeared. I can't login to the billing interface either.

As an aside, I noticed that the webmail interface has been moved from mxroute.org to mx.mxroute.org.
Aye, there were a few that signed up for the beta using mxroute.org addresses for billing, so when vital changes were made to the beta I could not contact them. Password hashing methods were overhauled and resets were performed for phase 2. Send an email to support@mxroute.com and I'll make sure you're connected back with your account if you can verify the information I have on file
Old 30 Jul 2014, 05:21 AM   #175
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

MXfree Account - Change Domain

If I wanted to delete the domain that I originally opened the account with, and replace that with another domain, would that work?

Or would the process of deleting the original domain also delete the MXfree account?
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2014, 08:46 AM   #176
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
If I wanted to delete the domain that I originally opened the account with, and replace that with another domain, would that work?

Or would the process of deleting the original domain also delete the MXfree account?
You can delete it in the mail control panel and add a new domain in it's place. The delete button is kind of small, it's right under the search box.
Old 12 Aug 2014, 03:48 PM   #177
adamlau

Z-Push??? Wow...Nice...Going to wait out the 48 hours and test this out afterwards...
Old 12 Aug 2014, 03:52 PM   #178
randian

Quote:
Z-Push??? Wow...Nice...Going to wait out the 48 hours and test this out afterwards...
That's new! Does it handle contacts, though? I thought Roundcube contacts didn't integrate with Z-Push. They don't on other providers, like Polarismail and EuMX.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 07:16 AM   #179
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
That's new! Does it handle contacts, though? I thought Roundcube contacts didn't integrate with Z-Push. They don't on other providers, like Polarismail and EuMX.
Purely IMAP/SMTP through Z-Push, but it works really well. The SMTP part is actually not standard in Z-Push but this is working right now by passing IMAP credentials to Exim, allowing proper headers including DKIM keys. The implementation worked out really well.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 08:05 AM   #180
randian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post
Purely IMAP/SMTP through Z-Push, but it works really well. The SMTP part is actually not standard in Z-Push but this is working right now by passing IMAP credentials to Exim, allowing proper headers including DKIM keys. The implementation worked out really well.
Alex Charrett has a prototype Roundcube <-> Z-Push backend for contacts. Might be worth a look. I'm not sure how vCard compliant the result is. If you wanted a calendar too you'd probably have to switch to/add Horde, which does Z-Push out of the box. Horde and Roundcube don't share contacts, unfortunately.