EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 2 Nov 2012, 05:30 AM   #1
chrisjj
Cornerstone of the Community

Did you get a notification of interface change?

Is it just me who didn't get any notification of the recent change to the interface ?

Despite that I have Communication level Chatty (which I presume means I receive every notice), I didn't get any notice email that I can find.

If anyone did get one, could they post it please? Thanks.
chrisjj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Nov 2012, 05:46 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjj View Post
Is it just me who didn't get any notification of the recent change to the interface ?

Despite that I have Communication level Chatty (which I presume means I receive every notice), I didn't get any notice email that I can find.

If anyone did get one, could they post it please? Thanks.
No one received any notification. The nearest we got was
  • (For readers of the forum) some evidence of work on a new interface that we were promised would, when eventually introduced, run alongside the existing interface.
  • An announcement (both on the forums and in the message bar at the top ofn the screen after logging in) that FM would be done for about 30 minutes for maintenance on October 30.
Certainly, given the repeated assurances that the existing interface would remain fully supported, the changes (including a modified existing interface called "classic") came as a nasty shock.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Nov 2012, 06:12 AM   #3
chrisjj
Cornerstone of the Community

OK - thanks Tim.
chrisjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Nov 2012, 10:03 AM   #4
korowa

Overall, I feel the biggest issue with this overhaul is communications.

I would suggest to Opera Mail -Fastmail.FM that they consider - in future - releasing newsletters .. regarding upcoming upgrades, new services, subscription changes, etc.
korowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Nov 2012, 10:19 AM   #5
Bamb0
Master of the @

They didnt notify anyone cause they knew people would complain i bet!! (I am surprised they told us when they were dropping the original classic interface)
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Nov 2012, 06:45 AM   #6
montmorencyfm

It's completely irrational, because for about 1% extra effort in effective communications, they could probably have avoided 80-90% of the backlash.

And for about another 5% of extra effort gone about it a slightly different way which would have kept 90-95% of the customers happy.
montmorencyfm is offline   Reply With Quote