EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 8 Jun 2017, 12:04 AM   #1
ellisaj

Filing/Moving sent messages (from me) to specific folders based on condition

Hi,
I am able to file/move sent messages (from me) based on the e-mail address/identity (using the Header called "From") but I can seem to file/move based on a condition (but same From address - myself). I am trying to file messages I have sent to certain people into specific folders but I can't seem to do this.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Andrew
ellisaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8 Jun 2017, 01:02 PM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisaj View Post
Hi,
I am able to file/move sent messages (from me) based on the e-mail address/identity (using the Header called "From") but I can seem to file/move based on a condition (but same From address - myself). I am trying to file messages I have sent to certain people into specific folders but I can't seem to do this.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Andrew
Are you copying these messages to yourself? (Using an auto bcc is a good way of achieving that.) If not, they will not necessarily be processed by the sieve script. If so, I would be inclined to view the whole generated sieve script to try to figure our what might be causing the problem. I wonder if the automatic filing rules generated by FastMail from Identities might be getting in the way.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jun 2017, 04:59 PM   #3
ellisaj

Smile

Thanks. That could be the problem. I do use about 10 e-mail addresses/identities with various rules. bcc is also a good option. Thanks for spending the time to comment.
ellisaj is offline   Reply With Quote