EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 19 Jun 2004, 05:57 AM   #1
blackbadger

Edit From address and name

I find setting up personalities somewhat frustrating, especially when i've typed up an email and realise i want to send it 'from' another address i haven't set-up as a personality yet. I have to go into personalities and setup a new one and then refresh the email composition page...its a pain.

I say...text box that appears (like when creating new folder in file hosting) on the advanced screen that lets u enter any from address and name you like.
blackbadger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Jun 2004, 06:19 AM   #2
kchess79
Master of the @

Fastmail already has this. (I don't know if this is already in the FAQ...I think it is.)

Click the "Change" button next to the From line, and you can type in any address you like.
kchess79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2004, 05:27 PM   #3
Daniel S

http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/faqparts...oseSpecialFrom

BTW, another way: write "Something#else" in the To field, and Check Names. "Something" goes in the To field, "else" (which can be a zero-length string, i.e. "Something#") goes in the From field.