EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 19 Aug 2008, 02:02 AM   #1
SwampDonkey

Question Runbox filter question

Hi All,

I'm currently running a trial Runbox account because I want to move away from Fusemail in the not-too-distant future.

I'm retrieving emails from a couple of POP3 mailboxes. I'd like to create a filter that moves email to a specific folder depending on the mailbox from which it was retrieved. Is this possible in Runbox?

Thanks ... Pete
SwampDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Aug 2008, 02:44 PM   #2
marc_otten
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampDonkey View Post
Hi All,

I'm currently running a trial Runbox account because I want to move away from Fusemail in the not-too-distant future.

I'm retrieving emails from a couple of POP3 mailboxes. I'd like to create a filter that moves email to a specific folder depending on the mailbox from which it was retrieved. Is this possible in Runbox?

Thanks ... Pete
Hm....try filtering on the address to which the mail was initially sent. The filter could be something like:

Message where: to contains you@address.tld will be saved to folder foldername.

Regards,
--Marc
marc_otten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2008, 04:56 PM   #3
SwampDonkey

Marc,

Thanks for the suggestion. The rules engine on Runbox looks to be something of a weakness compared to Fusemail. That's a pity because everything else looks great (especially Webmail performance), but I'm going to need decent processing if I'm going to make the move permanent.

No rocket science needed, just some simple sorting, anti-spam analysis and then forwarding the non-spam to a Blackberry account.

Fingers crossed

Pete
Old 19 Aug 2008, 06:59 PM   #4
marc_otten
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampDonkey View Post
Marc,

Thanks for the suggestion. The rules engine on Runbox looks to be something of a weakness compared to Fusemail. That's a pity because everything else looks great (especially Webmail performance), but I'm going to need decent processing if I'm going to make the move permanent.

No rocket science needed, just some simple sorting, anti-spam analysis and then forwarding the non-spam to a Blackberry account.

Fingers crossed

Pete
You're welcome...I think the rules engine on Runbox is quite powerfull (for me, that is). Of course, I don't know what Fusemail's is like, since I haven't used that service for a very long time now.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 08:36 PM   #5
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
POP Retrieved messages have a couple extra headers added to the messages so you can test for the headers. To test for a specific POP Retrieved account you can test if the headers contain the following header:

X-RMM-Trace: message from Username@ServerName

where Username and ServerName are the values you used in the POP Retrieve definition.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2008, 08:41 PM   #6
marc_otten
Master of the @

Rich,

I was about to post the same...filtering like this is more specific than the filter I described in my previous post.

Regards,
--Marc
Old 28 Aug 2008, 07:38 PM   #7
SwampDonkey

An update

I thought I'd give an update on this ....

By reading the helpfile and understanding the filter priority usage properly I've now got Runbox consolidating email from three POP3 accounts, forwarding the non-spam to my Blackberry and then sorting email into specific folders.

I'm finding the email consolidation to be reliable, the forwarding is fast, the web front end is fast and easy to use.

I've this morning stopped Fusemail from consolidating any more email. I need to work out the best way of getting my archived emails from Fusemail to Runbox but I don't see that being a problem and I've got plenty of time to do it.

Looks like I'm going to be subscribing to Runbox

Pete