EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 4 May 2014, 12:25 AM   #211
Jumpin_Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brong View Post
I suspect that's related to the sharing. If you're in a business/family account and I haven't upgraded your server yet
Yep. That's my situation (family account). No big deal for me as 99% of the time I'm looking via the Androids or the Mac - so I'm good.

Thanks for putting our mind at ease @Brong !
Jumpin_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2014, 12:47 AM   #212
Jumpin_Joe

I just happened to check the web interface and mine is working today; Thanks!
Old 6 May 2014, 03:04 AM   #213
krimlin
Essential Contributor

Has something changed at the caldav end?
My Blackberry only syncs 1 calendar at the moment (not the default one), and when I choose to "refresh", it seems like a never ending process.
Thunderbird it not showing any errors though.

The difference might be that my Blackberry is configured through the "general" server address and Thunderbird with the specific URL for each calendar.
krimlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2014, 03:08 AM   #214
awasmuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimlin View Post
Has something changed at the caldav end?
I suspect so. Since yesterday (not exactly sure) I am getting errors in iCal:

Code:
The request (CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation) for account “FastMail” failed.
and

Code:
05.05.14 20:01:36,245 CalendarAgent[156]: [com.apple.calendar.store.log.caldav.queue] 
[Account refresh failed with error: 
Error Domain=CoreDAVErrorDomain Code=8 "The operation couldn’t be completed.
 (CoreDAVErrorDomain error 8.)" UserInfo=0x7fc0f46f6d90 {AccountName=FastMail, CalDAVErrFromRefresh=YES}]
No problems on my iPhone.

So I guess they are still working at the backend.

Last edited by awasmuth : 6 May 2014 at 03:18 AM.
awasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2014, 06:46 AM   #215
Jumpin_Joe

So, I guess I should clarify what is working, not working, etc:

* What's working now but was not working a day or two ago: The ability to view and add events from the web interface

* What is working - but not ideal: I can create an event on my Mac using built in calendar program - even though the Mac is indicating an error. When I delete the event from the web interface, it does, in fact, replicate down to the Mac.

My settings on the Mac have *not* changed:

Server Address: caldav.messagingengine.com
Server Path: /dav/principals/user/[ADDRESS]@[DOMAIN.COM]/
Port: Auto, Use SSL

* Everything has been working fine on my Android devices
Old 6 May 2014, 06:54 AM   #216
brong
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Jumpin Joe - I will test your case today in the office. Are you using the latest version of the Calendar app on the Mac?

Also, can you PM me your username so I can check the logs.

I'm messing a lot with both sharing and ACLs at the moment, trying to make access to other users' calendars with a business account work well.

Thanks,

Bron.
brong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2014, 06:59 AM   #217
Jumpin_Joe

Quote:
Jumpin Joe - I will test your case today in the office. Are you using the latest version of the Calendar app on the Mac?
Version 7.0 (1841)

Quote:
Also, can you PM me your username so I can check the logs.
Done.
Old 6 May 2014, 01:20 PM   #218
awasmuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpin_Joe View Post
So, I guess I should clarify what is working, not working, etc:
Yep, same situation here, even if I get the error it seems to be working fine. Same iCal version as Jumpin_Joe.
Old 6 May 2014, 10:37 PM   #219
brong
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
FYI - seems to be two issues: I've fixed the worst one (the scheduling Inbox and Outbox folders were being suppressed at the wrong level, meaning they didn't even appear if you tried to access them directly, confusing iCal). This was a mistake in the sharing code.

There's also an issue where it displays a top-level calendar which shouldn't display, and even though iCal doesn't show it, it wastes time trying to update its timezone and default alarm properties. This leads to excess round-trips and slower performance. I'm still working out how best to fix that... the code is full of special cases already...

Thanks for your help everyone,

Bron.
brong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2014, 10:02 AM   #220
Jumpin_Joe

I am not sure which error you fixed Brong, but here's what I still see when I do a calendar refresh on my calendar program on my Mac.
Old 7 May 2014, 11:56 AM   #221
mballas
Essential Contributor

Quote:
I am not sure which error you fixed Brong, but here's what I still see when I do a calendar refresh on my calendar program on my Mac.
I am not getting any errors using these parameters:

Username myname.....@fastmail.fm

Password ..........

Server name caldav.messagingengine.com

Server Path /dav/principals/user/myname.....@fastmail.fm/
mballas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2014, 12:03 PM   #222
mballas
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mballas View Post
I am not getting any errors using these parameters:

Server name caldav.messagingengine.com

/
The above line should have been

Server Path caldav.messagingengine.com
mballas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2014, 12:37 PM   #223
FortyTwo

Quote:
I've mostly been working on syncing with external iCal and CalDAV calendars........
If anyone else has a pet CalDAV service they think we should be testing against, let me know and I'll try to get an account there that I can sync with. I think this is a very important part of allowing people to migrate their calendars, both in and out, and to share data with other people - so the more robust we can make it, the better.

Bron.
hello Bron,
Love the calendar. Have already shutdown google calendar even though FM calendar is currently beta.
I noticed a possible syncing anomaly between the FM calendar and my android. I use an app called "calDAV sync adapter" to sync between my android calendar app (DigiCal+ premium) and my FM calendar. Steps to replicate this are:
1. In FM calendar, I add a weekly recurring event, say for 10 weeks.
2. My calDav sync adapter syncs and adds these to DigiCal on my phone.
3. Subsequently, on Digical on my phone, I either (a) delete "only this event" for one of the events in the series, or (b) edit "only this event", say altering the time or adding some info to the event title. Then I sync my phone to FM servers via the calDav sync adapter. The info appears to be altered in Digical on my phone.
4. However, if I open the FM calendar on my desktop, then a new event is created for the (a) the event I was supposed to delete, or (b) the event I edited, leaving both the original events in the series intact. So, my syncing app maybe cannot distinguish between a series of events and one event in the series.
The anomaly doesn't occur when I change/delete and then sync one-off events between Digical and my FM calendars via the android calDav sync adapter
Regards
FortyTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2014, 02:49 PM   #224
awasmuth

Quote:
I am seeing the same error here. And when I update or create a new entry in iCal it takes a considerable amount of time until it is finally synced.

Also I see a lot of errors/warnings in the system.log when updating or refreshing the calendar, if they are of any interest I can provide the raw logs.
Old 8 May 2014, 03:03 AM   #225
krimlin
Essential Contributor

I currently see no problems with Thunderbird and Android (CalDAV-Sync), but still have no fun with Blackberry. It used to work as it should until a couple of days ago, but now it only shows one of six calendars. No error message, however.
krimlin is offline   Reply With Quote