EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 19 Nov 2001, 06:32 AM   #1
OtaconTV

HTML - How can you send it?

How do you send messages in html. I made a basic html page, cut&pasted it into a message and sent it to myself. When I received it, it was still in html tags. How do we send HTML and how do are we able to read it correctly. How do we know if people that don't have fastmail can read it?
OtaconTV is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Nov 2001, 06:48 AM   #2
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

You can't currently send HTML through FastMail.FM's web interface. This may change in the future if enough people want it.

You can't tell whether a recipient can see HTML mail or not.

Personally, I suggest staying away from HTML mail. Email is designed to be universal, and HTML mail is not viewable by everyone. In particular, never send HTML mail to a mailing list, or you'll find yourself in a lot of people's bad-books. If you do send HTML mail, make sure you use a client like Outlook Express to create it which automatically creates a plain text part for you.

Also, don't include any JavaScript, offsite images, or CSS styles in HTML mail, because a lot of systems will strip them out.
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2001, 09:51 AM   #3
OtaconTV

I wanted to add a button to my signature that says whether I'm online or not. Thanks for the info Jeremy.
OtaconTV is offline   Reply With Quote