EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 17 Oct 2005, 01:30 AM   #1
DanV

Webmail.us account ...

Can a single person still sign up to this service?
Can't seem to find this option on their website ...
DanV is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17 Oct 2005, 01:46 AM   #2
Trip
Master of the @

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hi Dan, welcome to the forums! Looking at their site after your post is the first time I've seen their redesign. I'd assume you can still get an @webmail.us account, but I can't find the page either. I would send an email to their support/sales department and ask them if they still offer it. They are extremely quick to answer emails, once the business week roles around of course.

Report back and tell us what you find out!

Trip
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2005, 02:52 AM   #3
henrico
Essential Contributor

http://www.webmail.us/pricing

edit: oops, that was too easy...seems that's only for a domain name...
henrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2005, 02:57 AM   #4
s a
Master of the @

cross-post
s a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2005, 12:55 PM   #5
sreenadh
Essential Contributor

i just got a mail from the webmail sales. They told me that 1 email account with email hosting will cost me $60/yr
sreenadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2005, 01:41 PM   #6
Trip
Master of the @

Representative of:
Runbox.com
So basically what that means is, no, they no longer off single accounts with the "@webmail.us" domain for $20 or whatever the price was. They gave you the quick and dirty answer by telling you that "1" account is $60, but in all actuality, the $60 base price includes 5 accounts, which is the smallest plan available. With their new pricing structure, I wouldn't go with them unless you've got several people or more who need accounts.

Trip
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2005, 03:47 PM   #7
sreenadh
Essential Contributor

Intially there was a webmail rep who was on this forum and i was told that he/she shall get me a "webmail.us" package with email hosting.

But now there is no respond from that person either.

Guess webmail.us thinks that we are a wasteful lot of ppl .

If ever thats what they think, then even if i want many account i would never deal with those ppl ever again. And sad thing being the fact that i really liked there service.
Old 20 Oct 2005, 10:08 PM   #8
photog

I started an account with them about three weeks ago. I am very
impressed with their service. One thing I found that set them apart from other services is when I signed up they contacted me on the phone to confirm I wanted to purchase their service(which I did). I
did notice this last week the main webpage design had changed and the Personal account link has disappeared. I subscribe to a lot of Yahoogroups and use this service at work to read mails rather than
download them to Outlook or OE while there. And like I said service is great.

Charlie
photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2005, 10:46 PM   #9
sreenadh
Essential Contributor

I too do agree that the "product" is outstanding.
There customer service is prompt.

But the way they are handling my request for 1 email account with email hosting is very unprofessional.

They responded to me by telling that they can give me the i email account for $60. Mind you, $60 is the price for 5 email accounts a per their price list.
Old 20 Oct 2005, 10:48 PM   #10
rek

Webmail.us is quite simply ace
rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2005, 12:07 AM   #11
fabule
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
eumx.net
Dear Sreenadh,

You was conctacted us few weeks ago. As result we set up an demo hosting account to you ( http://sreenadh.mzplanet.com/ ), but you didn't answer nor access your account.

Maybe you requests so special email hosting account from webmail.us and that is the reason of such high price.

Edit: - I take a look at their pricelist... Yes, you must to buy at least 5 mailboxes to host your domain with them. But if you buy it you will get an outstanding service.

Quote:
Originally posted by sreenadh
I too do agree that the "product" is outstanding.
There customer service is prompt.

But the way they are handling my request for 1 email account with email hosting is very unprofessional.

They responded to me by telling that they can give me the i email account for $60. Mind you, $60 is the price for 5 email accounts a per their price list.

Last edited by fabule : 21 Oct 2005 at 12:15 AM.
fabule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2005, 01:07 AM   #12
ReuvenNY

Webmail.us is one of the few email service companies that offers toll free telephone number (from the US) for sales AND technical support. They are very responsive, courteous and professional.
From what I understand, at this time they do not offer a single account with hosted domain - unfortunate, in my view. But they run a service geared primarily to small/medium organizations. That is a business decision they made and they are very clear about it. Demanding something they do NOT offer, will produce the type of answer you (sreenadh) have received.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2005, 04:00 AM   #13
kaverett

Representative of:
Webmail.us
Single accounts at Webmail.us

Sorry for the long delay in responding to some of the concerns shared in a couple of different threads on the forum. I needed to make sure that we had a few internal questions settled. I've also checked with Edwin about the contents of this post and he said it was OK.

Yes, we're no longer selling less than 5 mailboxes, and then only with a separate domain name. But keep reading for the good news (at least for people who use this forum).

As a company we've had a small business focus for a while. There are a lot of other email hosting companies out there, and we decided that small businesses were a good niche for us. That niche has grown considerably and we've grown with it. One of the things we have observed is that the 5 mailbox minimum works for small businesses.

An unfortunate aspect of having our profile raised has been that we get a *lot* more fraudulent & spammer orders. Most of those bad orders have been happening on the @webmail.us domain name-- which is not used by the vast majority of our small business customers. By eliminating the single sign-ups on @webmail.us a significant blacklist risk and fraud management burden has been lifted. We've effectively raised the bar enough that spammers/fraudsters would rather go to someplace cheaper to try their tricks.

So now for the good news. We like what we read on this forum! We learn a lot from comments about our service and other services. Because of this, we have put together a way for at least some forum users to get a *free* mailbox with us. The mailbox will be a standard 1GB with our normal anti-spam & anti-virus features.

Here are the ground rules to request one: if you have been on the forum for a while, and if you post somewhat regularly, and if you'll use the mailbox fairly heavily, and if you'll give us feedback about the beta versions of the webmail client you'll be using, then we'll give you an account. Please private message me and I'll work with you.

Fair warning: we're not looking to give out 100 free accounts. I'm thinking more like 10 or 20 at most. So if I get a deluge of requests I'll probably have to add some more limiting factors or play first-come, first-serve.

The free accounts won't be on the @webmail.us domain, but another domain name that isn't quite settled yet. But it'll be a decent sounding name.

-Kirk (director of service & support)
kaverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2005, 04:30 AM   #14
David
Ultimate Contributor

Wow: That is most certainly a very generous offer Kirk. I would jump on it myself if I needed another email account.

I have been watching webmail.us for a long time now, and can only say that your company name (wherever I have wandered) has always been held in high regard.

All the best

David
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2005, 01:34 PM   #15
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

Re: Single accounts at Webmail.us

Quote:
Originally posted by kaverett

An unfortunate aspect of having our profile raised has been that we get a *lot* more fraudulent & spammer orders. Most of those bad orders have been happening on the @webmail.us domain name-- which is not used by the vast majority of our small business customers. By eliminating the single sign-ups on @webmail.us a significant blacklist risk and fraud management burden has been lifted. We've effectively raised the bar enough that spammers/fraudsters would rather go to someplace cheaper to try their tricks.
That's interesting...I wonder if that will be the wave of the future: for-fee services raising subscription rates to the $50-$100 range in order to combat "fraudulent and spammer orders"?

(edit) I should add that I didn't intend the question to be sarcastic or to be a swipe at webmail.us. I'm aware that the problem is a very real one for email providers and I wonder if in the end it might not involve subscription rates going so high as to freeze out alot of ordinary users.

Last edited by rmns2bseen : 23 Oct 2005 at 04:23 AM.
rmns2bseen is offline   Reply With Quote