EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 28 Jan 2009, 05:08 AM   #1
geedee

One-time password killswitch

I'd like to see a killswitch for destroying given sets of 100 randomly generated passwords functionality in the Alternative Login screens.

I know that using them requires the Base Password, however, it would be good security practice to have a killswitch for given password sets that a user has created. If a Base Password gets out, then you have potentially 100 active passwords that can be used?

Another way of stating this: give more control over enabling/disabling generated password sets.
geedee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Jan 2009, 05:14 AM   #2
rabarberski
Master of the @

There is a "Del" button on the far right of each alternative password. Clicking it, guess what, deletes the set.

BTW: i'll give up on your questions, you're hard to keep up with
rabarberski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2009, 05:18 AM   #3
geedee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabarberski View Post
There is a "Del" button on the far right of each alternative password. Clicking it, guess what, deletes the set.

BTW: i'll give up on your questions, you're hard to keep up with

You know what, I didn't know that there was. I never created a set because I wasn't sure if there'd be a way to destroy them and didn't want to risk a set "hanging out there".

The only possible improvement I can think of would be to simply let users know they have control over the sets in the interface itself prior to creating the first.

Thanks for your answers. Very helpful!
geedee is offline   Reply With Quote