EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 4 Oct 2005, 01:01 AM   #1
yardbird

Username gone already!?

Dear all,

After using a free account for ages, I finally took the plunge and signed up for a paid account. The username I wanted is 5 characters long, and it was available when I checked the front page last night.

I don't have a credit card, so I had to sign up for a free account first with a longer username, then I transferred the money to it with Paypal. Today, one day later, I upgrade to member, and try to rename the account to my chosen name. But I get: The user name you chose already exists. Please try another name.

Arggh!! Has it really already been taken? It's not a particularly common username. I have this feeling that somehow the system 'reserved' it when I checked its availability yesterday, and that's why it won't let me use it now. Is this possible, or am I just extremely unlucky?
yardbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4 Oct 2005, 01:08 AM   #2
s a
Master of the @

Re: Username gone already!?

Quote:
Originally posted by yardbird
I have this feeling that somehow the system 'reserved' it when I checked its availability yesterday, and that's why it won't let me use it now.
Usernames tend to get locked when you "check" for availability (using their signup page). Ask Fastmail support to unlock the username - click here.
s a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Oct 2005, 02:48 PM   #3
yardbird

Thanks for your reply. I got in touch and they have sorted it out promptly.
yardbird is offline   Reply With Quote