EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 17 Mar 2006, 04:49 PM   #1
Jordi

Problems with Runbox: delay delivery messages and I am getting lot of spam !!

Hello everyone,

It seems to me that lots of messages are getting delivered to my runbox account late, and that is happening from the last four-five days. So for example, if I send a couple of messages from another email account or from my work account, the emails arrive in my runbox inbox in about two-three hours delay, there was one message that took a whole day to arrive here !!

Plus, what is happening with the spam-filter?, lots of funny emails are getting directly to my inbox, and the spam filter is activated as always.

I checked all the options in my webmail runbox and everything is the same as a week ago but now something is not working as it should be.

Thanks so much for the answers.

Regards, Jordi
Jordi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17 Mar 2006, 06:20 PM   #2
marc_otten
Master of the @

I also receive more spam lately but all spam-messages are recognized as being spam, so: no problemo here. Are you sure you didn't change any settings? One time, spam-messages started flooding my inbox instead of my "spambox". After investigation, it turned out that I incidentally deleted a filter which moved the spam to my spambox

I'm not experiencing any delays in delivery, so I can't help you there.

--Marc

Last edited by marc_otten : 17 Mar 2006 at 09:49 PM.
marc_otten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2006, 09:33 PM   #3
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
There hasn't been any delays in deliver in over 48 hours according to my Runbox Mail Monitor. But I suppose there could be something specific to the serve where you're account resides.

Also, the spam filter seems to be working fine for me.

You could submit a problem report to Support [at] Rubox [dot] com.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2006, 12:25 AM   #4
ALG

Rich,

When I look at the headers at least 1/2 of my spam is not going through DSpam. This started the other day when the DSpam server went down and has not stopped even though it was stated that it was back online.

BTW how do you see Internet Headers from the web interface?

regards,

AL
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2006, 12:56 AM   #5
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
To see the full message source from the web interface click the "view source" icon which is just to the left of the little printer icon.

I quit filtering messages that didn't have DSPAM headers a couple of weeks ago. I would almost daily get 5-10 messages that didn't get checked by DSPAM.

Geir said that the current DSPAM server is not really up to the high processing demands of DSPAM and they are planning to upgrade it.

Currently if the DSPAM server gets too busy messages will skip the DSPAM checking to avoid delivery delays.

Spam attacks and high volumes of regular email can cause DSPAM to get busy so I would say that messages without DSPAM headers are not uncommon at this time.

I checked a few of my recent messages and they have DSPAM headers so it looks like DSPAM is at least running.

Geir or Liz could probably confirm if the DSPAM server has been overloaded recently or not.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2006, 08:59 PM   #6
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Dspam is intermittently overloaded, and when it is, messages might slip through to avoid delays. We're going to replace the physical Dspam server with another one, hopefully next week.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2006, 11:49 PM   #7
dakota50

I have found that the spam filter has not been working very well in the last 7 days. A fair number of spam are getting through.
The spam filter was working very well before this week.
dakota50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2006, 12:38 AM   #8
goofy
Essential Contributor

Second, experienced some delay as well
goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2006, 06:44 AM   #9
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hmm. Dspam appears to be behaving a little differently than it did a week ago. I'll check with our sysadmins...

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote