EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 2 May 2010, 07:51 AM   #16
dragon1
Cornerstone of the Community

I'd like to add my "me too" best wishes to everyone at Fastmail.
dragon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2010, 11:02 PM   #17
Chipper
Master of the @

Well, it already been said, but not everybody's said it. Thank you to all the FM owners/staff for their outstanding email product and excellent customer service over the years. I am hopeful that the new owners will continue the tradition. If nothing else, you've left them with some very big shoes to fill.
Chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2010, 11:33 PM   #18
DarioMor
Essential Contributor

This is the BEST

My words to the FM crew:

Thank you for making the BEST EMAIL SERVICE OF THE WORLD.

You are simply the best. Better than all the rest.

I hope that most of you keep working in this project, or at least that the new owners keep in mind that Fastmail is not a "common" service.

Not less important: in my point of view, EMD is an important part of this service called FASTMAIL. The existence of this forum makes me feel more comfortable when support delayed and when servers failed.

I think that EDM forums should keep running the Fastmail forums even if Opera dont want it as Fastmail "official" forum.
DarioMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2010, 11:54 PM   #19
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioMor View Post
I think that EDM forums should keep running the Fastmail forums even if Opera dont want it as Fastmail "official" forum.
If they do that, the Fastmail forums will (in a few years) degenerate into a few old timers, talking about the way it once was (the way it used to be) - it will be better (imo) if the old time Fastmailers move on and go with the flow
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2010, 11:58 PM   #20
Tom Gallagher

I would guess that the contract that was signed with Opera precludes that.
Tom Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2010, 12:07 AM   #21
ruaricallow

Representative of:
Opera.com
I would also like to say my own thanks for a truly excellent product and one I have recommended again and again.
ruaricallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2010, 04:54 AM   #22
Ennis

I can remember the days when I used to exchange long emails with Jeremy. That was back in 02 and 03. Any issue, even the smallest he would deal with personally, The only thing that drove me crazy was the horrendous time difference between me and Australia. There were times when I had serious issues and nothing could be done till they woke up and got to work in Australia. Lots of finger tapping. I'm happy for them, but I know that regardless of the official stuff being generated, it will never be what it was. I've been caught in acquisitions more than once. The first promise made by the old and the new is always "no changes'. Then everything changes. Companies acquire companies to mould them into their own corporate footprint.
Ennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2010, 08:44 AM   #23
the bishop

Thanks here as well. I started with Fastmail back when I found an app for my Treo called ChatterEmail and the guy there was an avid FM'er. I'm glad that I took his advice and opened an account, one of the best things I've ever done.
the bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2010, 02:01 PM   #24
elvey
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam View Post
Any big change will have people coming out of the wood work...

In the early days it was really exciting to discover fastmail and watch the rapid development that was being made. It seemed like everyone had ideas, or bugs to report. Faqs were being written (I did one for pine). Style sheets designed. Staff were very responsive and unlike other places they really seemed to *care*. Jeremy replied to so many messages he developed carpal tunnel syndrome. The members were great too, there was even a fund to donate accounts to people from developing countries who couldn't afford one. This is the only web-based service I've ever spent money on and I don't regret it.

At some point things worked well enough for me that I didn't really have alot to say. Especially since I couldn't afford and didn't really need anything beyond a Member account, since I don't believe in storing alot of mail online. I have checked out the forums occasionally whenever there was a big outage or something new announced that I was curious about. Things have been running pretty smoothly for a while though.

Although we don't know what changes will be made, I would like to thank the staff of Fastmail (Rob, Jeremy, Bron, et al.) for their years of service. Edwin for the forums, and Sherry and all the other moderators for making this a friendly place. Let's hope it continues. Back to lurking.

Indeed. Well said.
elvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2010, 09:53 AM   #25
anj
Master of the @

I'd like to add my thanks for the years of excellent service.
anj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2010, 05:22 PM   #26
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

we would also like to say a big thanks to the F/m team for giving us 8 years of excellent service..
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2010, 07:37 PM   #27
Merovingian
Master of the @

as other's have said, thank you for the best email service available. I've only been using Fastmail for a few years, but it's such a part of my life that I often take it for granted. This announcement has again made me realize what greatness I have been blessed with.

thank you!
Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2010, 10:44 PM   #28
Mugwhamp

Let me chime in too. I've been with FM since 2004, and I've never regretted it. Good luck to you guys!
Mugwhamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2010, 02:13 PM   #29
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

I would like to add my personal thanks for all the herculean efforts of the FM staff over the years. I have recommended FM to several customers over the years, and never regretted it. The response to any major problems has always been to do everything to recover as soon as possible, and try to prevent a recurrence.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2010, 03:02 PM   #30
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bishop View Post
Thanks here as well. I started with Fastmail back when I found an app for my Treo called ChatterEmail and the guy there was an avid FM'er.
I really miss ChatterEmail - it's the best mobile email program I've ever used. Amazing that an underpowered Palm can do better than iPhone, Windows Mobile, etc can, when a good software developer works at it...

Thanks for everyone's kind words. The early days sure were exciting, but they were really stressful too! It's been great in the last few years, particularly thanks to Bron's hard work, when we no longer had to worry about every little problem.
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote