EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 14 Dec 2004, 05:51 AM   #1
Tropikatz

Mailshell Hell

We have been a paid Mailshell email subscriber for years. About eight days ago, we could not log on. It said there was no record of our user name. We have sent emails to their help email every day and have heard nothing back. Does anyone have any idea how we can reach these people. This is pure hell. We have called, also, and just get a recorded message.
Thankyou.
Tropikatz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14 Dec 2004, 06:07 AM   #2
war17
The "e" in e-mail

Are you referring to Mailshell or Mailsnare?
war17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2004, 06:11 AM   #3
Tropikatz

At first I thought you were making a joke, but I looked up Mailsnare and see it is a legit service. No, it is Mailshell that is driving us nutz!
Tropikatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2004, 06:34 AM   #4
war17
The "e" in e-mail

Most of us here are familiar with Mailsnare. I went to GoDaddy to get the registration information of Mailshell.com.

https://registrar.godaddy.com/whois....AILSHELL%2Ecom

You can try to call Tony Hostmaster in San Francisco.
Old 14 Dec 2004, 06:34 AM   #5
Daniel S

If nothing else works, you can email their Postmaster@ address and their Whois contact addresses...
Old 14 Dec 2004, 09:31 AM   #6
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
I am a mailshell free user and I don't have such a problem. Did you try to logon from a different computer and different network just to be sure it isn't a local or network problem?
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2004, 09:51 AM   #7
war17
The "e" in e-mail

Re: Mailshell Hell

Quote:
Originally posted by Tropikatz
We have been a paid Mailshell email subscriber for years. About eight days ago, we could not log on. It said there was no record of our user name. We have sent emails to their help email every day and have heard nothing back. Does anyone have any idea how we can reach these people. This is pure hell. We have called, also, and just get a recorded message.
Thank you.
Since Killer is a Mailshell user and can log in, Mailshell servers are working, at least some of them. A main reason for inability to log in to webmai is a corrupted cookie file. Delete all temporary internet files and cookies.
Old 14 Dec 2004, 10:23 AM   #8
Empath

I've been a Mailshell user for years. The problems they have, other than administrative during their period of rapid growth, usually are short lived. A week is long enough to suspect a very significant problem.

There is more than one way to log in.

1)You can log in with the email address from which you registered.

2)If you use your own domain with them, you can log in with just your domain name.

3)If you used a third level name with 'mailshell.com' before buying a personal domain, then your third level name is still effective, and you can log in with it, in the form "{yourname}.mailshell.com"

The most straightforward, and apparently the best way since it appears the other two has to do a link search, is to log in with your original email address from which you registered.
Empath is offline   Reply With Quote