EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 30 Aug 2023, 01:04 AM   #1
malcontent
Essential Contributor

Firefox’s email relay service is getting a little easier to use

Quote:
Starting today anyone with a Firefox account will have access to Firefox Relay—no second account necessary. The feature is rolling out to existing users over the next few weeks, but you’ll only get 5 email masks for free.
Firefox’s email relay service is getting a little easier to use
malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6 Sep 2023, 03:06 AM   #2
bermudi

imho if you're going to use aliases you need unlimited aliases. Services that give you 5 or 10 are a nice introduction to how they work but you'll ultimately need more

I personally like a lot the integration of BitWarden with DDG Email for example
bermudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Sep 2023, 05:38 AM   #3
TenFour
Master of the @

Or you can just use DuckDuckGo's free email alias service with unlimited aliases.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Feb 2024, 11:05 AM   #4
malcontent
Essential Contributor

Mozilla downsizes

Quote:
Specifically, Mozilla plans to scale back its investment in a number of products, including its VPN, Relay and, somewhat remarkably, its Online Footprint Scrubber, which launched only a week ago.
One of the services Mozilla is reducing investment in is it's email alias Relay service.

https://techcrunch.com/2024/02/13/mo...read-the-memo/
malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Feb 2024, 08:05 PM   #5
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
One of the services Mozilla is reducing investment in is it's email alias Relay service.
That's good. Every text field in Firefox that has email addresses had a huge chunk of space pushing this "protection" thing that is a distraction from what I'm really doing. I don't need their maximum of five aliases to replace my unlimited supply of real email addresses in my domain (or under any of my several aliases in Fastmail owned domains). Nor do I need their 5 aliases to replace my unlimited supply of SpamGourmet addresses, but there is no obvious way of getting rid of that "service" the push.
Firefox is superior to other browsers in many ways. E.G. it's way better than Chrome in handling text-editable elements, that I need to work with sometimes many hours a day when I write stuff in Moodle for my students, yet my employer doesn't support Firefox because it's market share is so tiny, so I have to work at the office with that crap Chrome browser, that makes my work much more time to achieve the same results.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote