EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 3 Jan 2022, 09:19 AM   #1
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
email usage statistics

https://github.com/bitfoxtop/EmailRa...ee/master/data
I saw this statistics from github. Gmail is the top 1 choice by users (especially tech users). It seems like 50% users choose gmail as their email box. For ccTLD, Germany has the most email domains. This reminders me that I have a lot of DE mail accts (web.de, gmx, vodafone, freenet, t-online, mail.de, skymail, posteo, mailbox-org etc etc).
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3 Jan 2022, 04:42 PM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
I saw this statistics from github. Gmail is the top 1 choice by users (especially tech users).
Maybe I misinterpreted the data, but IMHO this is a very dodgy statistics
It seems to be based purely on "all the emails from [the author's] inbox, they are primarily the messages from tech lists" (source).
So the conclusion is based on one user's inbox, receiving messages from a particular group of people. Gmail may be (and almost certainly is) the most popular email provider, but the quoted data can not be used as the evidence.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jan 2022, 04:09 PM   #3
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
Maybe I misinterpreted the data, but IMHO this is a very dodgy statistics
It seems to be based purely on "all the emails from [the author's] inbox, they are primarily the messages from tech lists" (source).
So the conclusion is based on one user's inbox, receiving messages from a particular group of people. Gmail may be (and almost certainly is) the most popular email provider, but the quoted data can not be used as the evidence.
can I treat it as a sampling statistics?
from their result we can see besides the personal domains and company domains, these are the primary free email providers around the world.
  1. gmail
  2. 163
  3. hotmail
  4. QQ
  5. outlook
  6. yahoo
  7. GMX
  8. 126
  9. web.de
  10. Yandex
  11. protonmail
  12. free.fr