EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 19 Apr 2024, 08:24 AM   #1
trikotret

Fastmail Credit

Can you sell Fastmail credit on this site or not? If not, please delete this post.
trikotret is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Apr 2024, 10:55 AM   #2
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

No but you can give it away.....perhaps to someone who is disabled ?
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2024, 08:17 AM   #3
trikotret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
No but you can give it away.....perhaps to someone who is disabled ?
The fastmail MOD banned me permanently in Fastmail reddit for selling credits. He's saying my post goes against rules although I found over 5 posts the same thing within a year.
trikotret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2024, 09:35 AM   #4
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

They don't give much away...

We now have a silly folder thing we all hate here.

But its hard trying to find something different we all like, so for now we put up with the things we hate.
Old 20 Apr 2024, 07:07 PM   #5
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
We now have a silly folder thing we all hate here.
I don't hate it. I use it.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2024, 08:05 PM   #6
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Yes it works, but stuck on top of my in box.

I wish I could move it to the bottom where the other folder thing use to be.

Perhaps they could make it movable.

21 years without any thing above my in box was lovely.....
Old 20 Apr 2024, 08:42 PM   #7
nudge

Hihi, well at least they made the folding folder disappear in accounts that don't have any shared folders. I don't know why anyone would think shared folder-less accounts would want that in the first place tbh

I've been seeing a few extra minor bugs recently, so I'm guessing the devs are hard at work doing new stuff, which is good (hopefully)

My big gripe of the week is the fact you can't switch off the CNAME for DKIM signing anymore. I'd just like to add the "r=y" tag on some domains to enable reporting if the required TXT RR exists. If I could switch off the CNAME I could recreate the exact same records as Fastmail does but with the extra tag included.

PS: on that subject, I saw in the documentation that the mesmtp... CNAME is supposed to be discontinued for domains setup after 2018 but that is definitely not the case. So either the documenation is wrong or it's a bug.

Last edited by nudge : 20 Apr 2024 at 08:48 PM.
nudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2024, 06:10 AM   #8
NumberSix
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Perhaps they could make it movable.

21 years without any thing above my in box was lovely.....
I'm curious what you're talking about here. Is it about the left sidebar where the folder list is? Above my inbox there's only the compose button, and above that the main menu. If you're seeing something else could you post a screenshot of it?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2024, 07:11 AM   #9
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Yes above the folder list on the left I have Folders button thing and above that is the compose button which use to be under all the other folders.
Old 21 Apr 2024, 08:38 AM   #10
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix View Post
I'm curious what you're talking about here. Is it about the left sidebar where the folder list is? Above my inbox there's only the compose button, and above that the main menu. If you're seeing something else could you post a screenshot of it?
This is how it looks when the "folders" are folded. You have your own folders tree that can be folded and for each user that shares mail folders with you you have a similar folders tree under your own folders tree.
Most of the time you'd have your folders showing. when you want to access a shared folder you either scroll down or fold your whole folder tree. If you're a user in a business you might have a shared folder tree were you do most of your work, and you'd want your personal folders away from sight while working with the shared folders.
Old 21 Apr 2024, 01:53 PM   #11
NumberSix
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaso View Post
This is how it looks when the "folders" are folded. You have your own folders tree...
I wonder if this difference comes from using "folders" rather than "labels". I have converted over to using only labels. I thought everyone had been forced to. I do like it better, incidentally. And I don't see anything like what the screenshot shows. Are they allowing people who don't want to make the change to stay with the folder concept, perhaps indefinitely, and have you both done so?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2024, 02:00 PM   #12
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Are they allowing people who don't want to make the change to stay with the folder concept, perhaps indefinitely, and have you both done so?
Goooooooooood point.

You can select either in the folder settings.
Old 21 Apr 2024, 07:59 PM   #13
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
I wonder if this difference comes from using "folders" rather than "labels"...
It seems that the difference between "folders" and "labels" in Fastmail is superficial: slight differences in the way the user interacts with the same infrastructure.
The infra structure seems to be a folder tree that contains pointers to messages. In the the documentations they say that the difference is that multiple labels can be applied to one message, but the same is true for folders: you can file a message in multiple folders: just drag several folders from the folder tree onto the message, or drag the message to an additional folder while holding the alt key (in the past this made a copy of the message in another folders, that was independent of the original copy. Now it's the same message in two or several folders: if you delete an attachment from the "copy" in one folder then it is deleted from all copies. Some actions might apply only to the "copy" within one folder (I haven't tested this) but if so, it must be applied not to the message but rather to the pointer to the message).