EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 1 Jun 2002, 03:40 PM   #1
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Talking New style sheets

The new style sheets are now available! Click Options and then Account Preferences to try them. They're not all perfect under all browsers and screen sizes at the moment, so I've marked them as "testing"--if you find a display glitch please tell us here.

So, what's your favorite? I like 'Nebulae' and 'Textures' the best at the moment.
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Jun 2002, 04:27 PM   #2
Tango
Cornerstone of the Community

Wow, they're all quite cool! But some of them take longer to display, which may be counter to the fastmail philosophy...

I'm still sticking with the default though!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jun 2002, 04:30 PM   #3
nic76
Essential Contributor

Re: New style sheets

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Howard
So, what's your favorite? I like 'Nebulae' and 'Textures' the best at the moment.
i agree, i like the textures, i've set mine to 'concise blue'
nic76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jun 2002, 05:14 PM   #4
munchkin

Sweet. They're all cool. The style sheet of my choice is Sky Blue. Thank you Simon.
munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jun 2002, 05:16 PM   #5
injinuity

Hey good work... all the style sheets are uploaded.... as for the favourites.. I think it depends on ones preferences.... I for one prefer black text on white backgrounds...... and most all are coloured backgorunds...so from the lot other than the deep purple style sheet I prefer the silver ball style sheet... its a bit too greyish tho...but still its nice..

Jinu Johnson
injinuity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jun 2002, 09:25 PM   #6
Gankaku

Quote:
Originally posted by Tango
Wow, they're all quite cool! But some of them take longer to display, which may be counter to the fastmail philosophy...
Tango - All the ones with images take slightly longer to display the first time they're loaded.

Thanks Jeremy! No more saving to c:/custom every time I want to switch....
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jun 2002, 11:16 PM   #7
tetrisiz

i thinks it worth waiting the first time for images to load...some of the style sheets are worth waiting for...nebulaue is my fav. once it loads the first time it doesn't have to "load" again so you don't have to wait...that's not a biiig deal!
tetrisiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jun 2002, 11:48 PM   #8
stovertm

I like the silver ball.
Old 2 Jun 2002, 12:19 AM   #9
Skrybe

Deep Purple is probably my favorite of the new sheets, but Sandy Blues is still my prefered look.
Skrybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jun 2002, 02:25 AM   #10
Arete

my favorite is "provence", although the text would be easier to read if it wasn't white...
Arete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jun 2002, 02:44 AM   #11
Gankaku

Quote:
Originally posted by Arete
my favorite is "provence", although the text would be easier to read if it wasn't white...
OK I agree with you, Arete, and I can change that. It has white text because originally the background was darker. I will look at it and whenever Jeremy accepts revisions I'll include that fix.

Thanks.

Lisa
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jun 2002, 07:08 AM   #12
blazingmike

Thumbs up

I prefer "Concise Blue" because the font sizes aren't very big and it has a simple but attractive color scheme. The sky background isn't too distracting, in fact it's very soothing. I also prefer it because black type still is very readable with the background. Some of the other style sheets look a little "off" in Opera. Kudos to who designed Concise Blue, simple yet attractive!
blazingmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jun 2002, 08:40 AM   #13
mklose

nebulaue is really cool, but I tried reading a long mail with it. All the dots made me sort of crazy on the laptop after a while. It's better on a real monitor, but since I do most of my mail reading on a laptop, I changed it back to sandy blues.

The other one I like is the sunflower one.

Also the ones with the visible grid in the folder list are nice, but I did not like the colours of those two.
mklose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jun 2002, 09:06 AM   #14
psalzer

Oh, this is fun! Something for every mood. I think my favorite would change all the time, so I"m not picking one. And I'll always like Concise and Trippy, too. Readability is always an issue for me, and the Smarts- both blue and green are very good for that, and good lookin', too. I have it on Smart Green at the moment. I also though that EmailDiscussions.com looked quite nice in the Fastmail interface. I loved Provence, but also didn't find it readable enough for me, but if it's revised I'll try it again. I'd also like to see the Provence color scheme with no image. I really like the no images thing. Nebulae was beautiful, but I can't do light text on dark background for serious reading for some reason. Anyway, they're all nice and a great addition. The more the merrier. And very nice for those of us not running IE and not able to use custom.css at all.
psalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jun 2002, 09:09 AM   #15
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gankaku
I will look at it and whenever Jeremy accepts revisions I'll include that fix.
I'm accepting revisions now. Stylesheets that don't pass the usability test (and Provence currently is in that group) and aren't fixed won't go past testing stage, so get your edits in soon!

I'll try and compile a list of style-sheet problems in the next couple of weeks, but I'd really appreciate it if style-sheet authors could test their style-sheets in other browsers and resolutions. Problems I've seen include images that don't tile properly (so look odd at high resolutions) and buttons on the Compose screen that have incorrect font sizes.
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote