EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 23 Nov 2014, 11:40 AM   #1
tuanbkhn1975

How to reuse old password gmail when Gmail Asking to reset your password

Dear all,

I see topic: Asked to reset your password

For your security, we recommend that you don't reuse passwords associated with your email address or any other type of account. Additionally, if you enter your original password as your new password, you may trigger an error message. Create an entirely new password the next time you sign in.

But I want to reuse exactly passwords associated with your email address, how do I do?
1. Fistly, you enter new password because of requring Gmail Asking to reset your password

2. Next, you will change my password by original password

Thank you so much
tuanbkhn1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23 Nov 2014, 01:24 PM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

Welcome to the forums tuanbkhn1975.

When you say "I see topic: Asked to reset your password"

I am wondering what exactly you are referring to - hopefully it was not an email message (you received) that may have been a pishing attack.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Dec 2014, 12:00 PM   #3
Bamb0
Master of the @

Welcome to EMD

Have you tried entering THE SAME PASSWORD and see if it will accept it??

If not you can simply enter the same password and the # 1 after it and then goto your settings and change it back to your original passcode...

Good luck
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Dec 2014, 12:19 PM   #4
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

While you can try Bamb0's advice to see if it works, in my own experience with Yahoo, I was once required to change my password in order to get in it. It would not accept my old password. Although I haven't tried it, and therefore I can't be certain, in such a case, once the password is changed you may not be able to change it back to the original password, since yahoo may keep a record of that password and prevent you from using it again.

While that might trouble a user, at the same time I can see Yahoo making an argument for this policy, since it could be considered a security measure of a sort. That is, say, if someone were to compromise your account, not being able to change the password back could keep someone from doing so in order to keep you unaware of their compromise of your account.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote