EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 25 Jan 2006, 03:46 AM   #1
weaver4
Essential Contributor

Status Of HTML Spell Checker

I was wondering what the status was of HTML spelling checker. About two years ago it was going to be out "soon". I beleive you are now the ONLY major email provider that does not have this feature.
weaver4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25 Jan 2006, 09:44 PM   #2
llista

If you do upgrade the HTML function please remember us the Opera users who at the moment can't use it as it is not supported by FM.
llista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2006, 10:06 PM   #3
mjfriedman

The absence of an HTML spell checker remains a substantial annoyance for me. I mostly use the FM web interface from my work computer, where I can not install, for instance, the Google Toolbar as a substitute...

Michael
mjfriedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2006, 12:46 AM   #4
weaver4
Essential Contributor

I don't understand fastmail resistance to this. At least they could do is make the compose window work with the Google toolbar under firefox; but they won't even fix that. Then we could use the Google toolbar to check spelling.

The google toolbar can be used to check spelling in this message when I am done, but not fastmails compose window.

Last edited by weaver4 : 31 Jan 2006 at 02:49 AM.
Old 31 Jan 2006, 08:17 AM   #5
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Can't you just send messages in text format and use the spell checker? A message sent in HTML is larger than one in text even without formatting, so atleast you'll save on disk space..
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2006, 09:45 PM   #6
mikev99
Cornerstone of the Community

Re: Status Of HTML Spell Checker

Quote:
Originally posted by weaver4
I was wondering what the status was of HTML spelling checker. About two years ago it was going to be out "soon". I beleive you are now the ONLY major email provider that does not have this feature.
The current version of one of the html editors we have available has a spell checker as well as the ability to insert embedded images. Be nice if it made its way to the beta machine for a while.
mikev99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2006, 09:54 PM   #7
mikev99
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally posted by sflorack
Can't you just send messages in text format and use the spell checker? A message sent in HTML is larger than one in text even without formatting, so at least you'll save on disk space..
I have been a "text only" bigot for some time now and am finding myself having to join the rest of the world of email users. HTML is pretty much a de facto norm now. Hence, we need a HTML editor that is front line capable.

Sometimes someone sends me a HTML message that contains embedded images that to which I would either like to respond or forward while maintaining the images. The only way I have found to do that with FM is to redirect the message to an account where I can use Outlook Express and then use OE. Just hate that ...

I use an editor called IESpell which works with pretty much everything (including this form), but will not work with any of the HTML editor screens.
mikev99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2006, 07:29 AM   #8
weaver4
Essential Contributor

Re: Re: Status Of HTML Spell Checker

Quote:
Originally posted by mikev99
The current version of one of the html editors we have available has a spell checker as well as the ability to insert embedded images. Be nice if it made its way to the beta machine for a while.
Well, this message was in January. What is the status now??
Old 7 May 2006, 07:58 AM   #9
weaver4
Essential Contributor

Bump