EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 5 May 2006, 01:02 AM   #76
denverharless
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherry
denverharless, your colors work together very nicely. Good job.

Sherry
Sherry,
Just wanted to say thanks! Henrik has provided a great template for tinkering!
denverharless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2006, 02:01 AM   #77
adam15c
Essential Contributor

What about Opera?

Any chance of getting it to work in Opera?
adam15c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2006, 02:17 AM   #78
henrikg

Re: What about Opera?

Quote:
Originally posted by kobukan
Any chance of getting it to work in Opera?
What about Opera, are there any problems? It should work just fine in Opera, K-Meleon, Epiphany, Camino, Konqueror or any other obscure browser. I do this for fun on my spare time so I just make sure it looks good in Firefox (which I use) and ok in Internet Explorer (which most people use). Don't have time to test them all.

I had a quick peek in Opera just now using FMail and that looks good. Generally, most browsers do a better job than IE with CSS. Go ahead and try, it's free
henrikg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2006, 02:49 AM   #79
adam15c
Essential Contributor

Re: Re: What about Opera?

Quote:
Originally posted by henrikg
What about Opera, are there any problems? It should work just fine in Opera, K-Meleon, Epiphany, Camino, Konqueror or any other obscure browser. I do this for fun on my spare time so I just make sure it looks good in Firefox (which I use) and ok in Internet Explorer (which most people use). Don't have time to test them all.

I had a quick peek in Opera just now using FMail and that looks good. Generally, most browsers do a better job than IE with CSS. Go ahead and try, it's free
Thanks. As your website didn't mention Opera I presumed it didn't work. Apologies. Just tried it. Are the buttons images? They don't appear.
adam15c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2006, 03:26 AM   #80
henrikg

Re: Re: Re: What about Opera?

Quote:
Thanks. As your website didn't mention Opera I presumed it didn't work. Apologies.
No, no need to apologize. English is not my first language. I didnĀ“t mean to sound harsh

Quote:
Just tried it. Are the buttons images? They don't appear.
No, there's no button images. If you're using FastG, the buttons are designed to look like text links, like this:

http://www.henrikgustafsson.fastmail.../mailbox-l.gif

The other two have buttons, Fastr has blue buttons and FMail has standard grey buttons. But this is one of the things that browsers do differently. For example Safari will always use its own aqua buttons, so buttons may look different from browser to browser.
Old 5 May 2006, 04:40 AM   #81
denverharless

buttons...

Funny you should mention buttons... I have been playing around some more with my green-ified version of henrik's stylesheet (it's actually quite a bit different now), and one of the things I added was buttons.

You can see how it looks right here.

Or, you can download the CSS here.
denverharless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2006, 11:43 PM   #82
weaver4
Essential Contributor

Re: buttons...

Quote:
Originally posted by denverharless
Funny you should mention buttons... I have been playing around some more with my green-ified version of henrik's stylesheet (it's actually quite a bit different now), and one of the things I added was buttons.

You can see how it looks right here.

Or, you can download the CSS here.
I like these, very slick, one suggestion.

Can you change the hover color so that when you hover over a valid link it will change colors?
weaver4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2006, 12:14 AM   #83
henrikg

Re: Re: buttons...

Quote:
Originally posted by weaver4
I like these, very slick, one suggestion.

Can you change the hover color so that when you hover over a valid link it will change colors?
Hi, and thanks. Both Fastr and FastG does that. FMail doesn't since I've tried to make it look like GMail as much as possible, and GMail doesn't do that. Therefore I'm not going to change it, but if you want to tweak to your own liking, look for all classes with "a:hover" and change the color there.
Old 7 May 2006, 12:09 PM   #84
Gankaku

Hi all! I've not been around for soooooooooo long. I just got on tonight and saw this post. I like the colorful Fastmail logo you did but also the sheet is nice. Good job.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2006, 04:38 AM   #85
beq

A minor question for the Fmail stylesheet -- in the message display screen, the header section looks too 'white'. Is it possible to shade the header labels at least?

Similarly, would the Options screen look a bit better with more shading for the various sections?

Then again I like the way the other screens already look (Mailbox, Compose, Address Book, Notepad, Files).
beq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2006, 01:59 PM   #86
henrikg

Quote:
Originally posted by beq
A minor question for the Fmail stylesheet -- in the message display screen, the header section looks too 'white'. Is it possible to shade the header labels at least?

Similarly, would the Options screen look a bit better with more shading for the various sections?
Hi!
Somewhere around line 115 you'll find:
Code:
.DatTh { color: #000; background: transparent; }
change that to:
Code:
.DatTh { color: #000; background: #c3d9ff; }
If you want even more color you could try adding another line like this:
Code:
.DatTd { background: #c3d9ff; }
These lines will affect table cells at various places but as far as I can see it looks pretty nice.
Old 11 May 2006, 06:35 PM   #87
aka Wombat

font sizes

how do i change the post text font? which one is it? there is a lot of font sizes in the css omg.

great work btw on this theme.
aka Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2006, 07:41 PM   #88
henrikg

Re: font sizes

Quote:
Originally posted by aka Wombat
how do i change the post text font?
Hi, and thanks! I'm not sure what you mean exactly. If you're referring to the textarea you use when you compose a new mail (in plain text), you can look for #msgtext. If you mean the text in displaying plain text emails, you'll need to edit .TblBox (you might have to add a line for that). I'm not sure how it'll affect other areas though.
Old 12 May 2006, 04:15 AM   #89
aka Wombat

Re: Re: font sizes

I added in a .TblBox with my desired font settings works perfectly except it changes the navbar -> .HdrScrTd so you have to specify font settings in that to make up for it. also I changed #msgtext worked out very nicely to match.

can someone hook me up with ArialMT? all i have is Arial Rounded MT Bold and that deviated a hell of a lot on Windows XP browsers, couldnt even recognize it.
aka Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2006, 03:15 PM   #90
henrikg

Arial MT and Arial look very similar. If you're on a Windows box, Arial should be installed by default. If you're having problems, try removing 'ArialMT' so that all font declarations only look like this:
Code:
Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif