EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 13 Feb 2020, 09:21 AM   #1
jmfortun

Fastmail contacts/calendar within apps like Aquamail and Nine

I've been able to get DAVX5 setup to allow for the built-in android (google) apps to see my Fastmail calendar and contacts, but can't find a way to get robust email clients like Nine or Aquamail to access my Fastmail contacts and calendar. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
jmfortun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12 Mar 2020, 12:52 AM   #2
earlybird

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfortun View Post
I've been able to get DAVX5 setup to allow for the built-in android (google) apps to see my Fastmail calendar and contacts, but can't find a way to get robust email clients like Nine or Aquamail to access my Fastmail contacts and calendar. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
AFAICT both Nine and Aquamail only do Exchange's ActiveSync, which Fastmail does not support. It supports CalDAV/CardDAV only.

So what you need is an ActiveSync <=> CalDAV/CardDAV bridge solution. The only good result I found is z-push https://z-push.org/ which looks like a software you can host and operate by yourself to provide this bridging functionality. It seems to be able to support the use case you want with some configuration.

I cannot comment on the viability and quality of z-push though.
earlybird is offline   Reply With Quote