EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > The Technical Zone...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Technical Zone... The Geeky forum... Use this forum to discuss technical aspects of email, from authentication protocols to encryption.

Old 13 Apr 2020, 09:57 PM   #1
sgsllc

Email Server/DNS Issue

Hello all,

I have been running an email server for about 20 years. I have DNS configured with a text SPF record, reverse DNS is set up, and the mx records point to the correct mail servers. My IP address and domain name are not listed on any RBLs nor has the server ever been used to send unsolicited emails.

However, one large email provider also sends email originating from my server to spam. I am able to look at the headers of the messages and I do not see where any issues are detected.

Any ideas? I am willing to pay for time if you have any expertise in DNS and email server set up.

Thank you.

Justin
sgsllc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13 Apr 2020, 10:41 PM   #2
TenFour
Master of the @

In my experience you need to use one of the big well trusted domain hosts with super reliable nameservers if you want reliable email. Hosting your own DNS you will be constantly fighting issues.
TenFour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2020, 01:50 AM   #3
sgsllc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
In my experience you need to use one of the big well trusted domain hosts with super reliable nameservers if you want reliable email. Hosting your own DNS you will be constantly fighting issues.
I use DNS Made Easy for DNS. I think my problem is a configuration problem but I cannot figure out what it is.
sgsllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2020, 09:51 AM   #4
Folio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgsllc View Post
I think my problem is a configuration problem but I cannot figure out what it is.
If you haven't done so already, you might see how https://www.mail-tester.com analyzes a message from your server.
Folio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Apr 2021, 02:31 AM   #5
popowich
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
EmailQuestions.com
Hi Justin,

I'm available for help with DNS and email server issues. DNS is my specialty, still pretty good with email servers too. One thing not mentioned above is that big email services check your email reputation. Keeping an eye on your Sender Score will help with consistent delivery to the big email services.
popowich is offline   Reply With Quote