EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > The Technical Zone...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Technical Zone... The Geeky forum... Use this forum to discuss technical aspects of email, from authentication protocols to encryption.

Old 3 Oct 2019, 12:37 AM   #1
josswallace

Message Identifier Problems in Outlook 2010

I have one email address "me@mydomain.com" and I use Gmail as my server so I have a Gmail address "me@gmail.com".
I have set up Gmail to show both send and receive addresses as "me@mydomain.com". When I send an email from Outlook 2010 it shows the from address as "me@mydomain.com", but when the recipient receives it, it is shown as coming from "me@gmail.com".
How can I get Outlook 2010 to show the sending address as "me@mydomain.com"
josswallace is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5 Apr 2021, 02:33 AM   #2
popowich
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
EmailQuestions.com
The last I knew (and don't see in options today) Gmail forces the sending address to be from your primary account and there is no option to override that behavior.
popowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Apr 2021, 03:37 AM   #3
josswallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by popowich View Post
The last I knew (and don't see in options today) Gmail forces the sending address to be from your primary account and there is no option to override that behavior.
Its not Gmail I have the problem with Gmail does exactly what I want and shows everything sent or received fro "me@mydomain.co.uk". Its Outlook I have the problem with as it wont let me send from "me@mydomain.co.uk", but insistes on sending from "me@gmail.com"
josswallace is offline   Reply With Quote