EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 19 Jan 2005, 04:33 PM   #1
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Post Service Status 19.01 - 09:30 CET (03:30 EST)

We are still restoring some user accounts, but if you still can't access your email please try again a little later.

The queue of incoming email that was accumulated during the downtime is almost processed.

SMTP is working normally, except that we are not receiving Yahoo Groups email until the queue we have is gone.

Spam filtering is also running, but not Dspam (trainable filter) yet.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Jan 2005, 04:41 PM   #2
scottishstress

I appreciate the updates, however I am still having severe problems.

I know FOR A FACT that many emails were sent to my runbox account yesterday and this morning, and they are still not appearing on the webmail.

When outlook tries to check, the following error comes up -

Task 'pop.runbox.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I know you are doing your best, but this is costing my business big money. I am now forwarding all emails to another account, but will the ones sent to the runbox account ever turn up, if so, how long until all emails are processed.

stuart
scottishstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2005, 04:49 PM   #3
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Your account is probably among those that must be moved away from problematic disk partitions.

Email cannot be delivered to your account until that happens. It is difficult to estimate when it will be ready, as it is being done one account at a time and they are of varying size.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2005, 04:50 PM   #4
scottishstress

Wink

cheers,

don't suppose you could 'bump' me up the list

scottishstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2005, 04:51 PM   #5
50ftQueenie

Hi Runbox team,

Well, you probably had no time to sleep last night with all these problems. So, I really hope you will enjoy your sleep once all is over...

I think I'm probably one of the people whose user account is still being restored as we speak. Yet I noticed that a few e-mails I deleted in December reappear in my Trash folder during last night.

I use IMAP, but I just wonder why these e-mail reappear since I have always used the option in OE to purge deleted items permanently on leaving the folder.

Hopefully you can answer my question, thank you in advance!

Regards,
50ftQ.
50ftQueenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2005, 05:47 PM   #6
nomad
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by 50ftQueenie
Yet I noticed that a few e-mails I deleted in December reappear in my Trash folder during last night.
Same here, trash messages (deleted via web interface) back to 31.5. last year actually reappered.

No problem with the webmail, though. Everything is working fine.

But the ftp-server seems to be down
nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2005, 09:14 PM   #7
alukah

Well here it is just over 24 hours later and still no mail.
I can see some in Webmail, but can't open them.
Still can't download with POP3 either.

Oh well, I am off to bed now as it is after midnight here, and mail is in exactly the same state it was when I went to bed last night.
Hopefully I will wake up around 5am, and find that mail is working again.
My bad luck I guess that I was one of the first to go down, and now look like being one of the last to get back up again.
alukah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2005, 11:23 PM   #8
Joshper

Quote:
SMTP is working normally, except that we are not receiving Yahoo Groups email until the queue we have is gone

Why not? When I subscribed I was not informed that mail form Yahoo groups would be considered second class. Your company was willing to take the money from people who wanted to use the account for mail from Yahoo groups, so why should that kind of mail be treated differently?
Joshper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2005, 11:58 PM   #9
extratime

Angry

I have to agree here. I understood why the mail which was queued up yesterday was not delivered, but once the system is up and running (for most users) why make the conscious effort to reject yahoogroups mail?

If Yahoogroup subscribers are going to be treated as second-class citizens I think we should be given some compensation.

This is a new wrinkle to Runbox's neverending troubles that I find highly troubling.

Quote:
Originally posted by Joshper
Quote:
SMTP is working normally, except that we are not receiving Yahoo Groups email until the queue we have is gone

Why not? When I subscribed I was not informed that mail form Yahoo groups would be considered second class. Your company was willing to take the money from people who wanted to use the account for mail from Yahoo groups, so why should that kind of mail be treated differently?
extratime is offline   Reply With Quote