EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 22 Apr 2010, 06:54 AM   #1
charless

Annoying bug

I send an e-mail and ask for an attachment to be added from File Storage, i.e. MyFiles. The file is added correctly and I click Send. The message is sent but at that point I do NOT get the screen, which I should be getting asking me to add the addresses (or not) to my Mail Lists and Contact Lists. Even if the address is a new one, it just skips right by that. When I add the file from my local disk, the add screen appears with no problem. I can do that, it is just a heck of a lot more bandwidth usage that way if I am sending the same file all the time.

Charles Small

[Mod:] Email address removed as per the forum rules.
Rule E) No signatures [except optionally your name]

Last edited by Sherry : 22 Apr 2010 at 09:46 AM.
charless is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22 Apr 2010, 09:09 AM   #2
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

After testing this, I noticed that the 'Save new names:' checkbox becomes unchecked when returning to the compose screen from the '{My Files} Compose Message Attachments' screen, however, it will keep it's state when attaching a local file.
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2010, 11:22 PM   #3
charless

I see..

I never noticed that "Save new names" checkbox before, I guess because I never had to use it. So I have to remember to re-check it each time I want to send a file from File Storage. Well, it will work, but it's still a nuisance and there's no reason for it, so I would still call that a bug.

thanks for your help !

Charles Small
charless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2010, 06:34 AM   #4
kennethmgreen

more useful subject lines

Quote:
[Mod:] Email address removed as per the forum rules.
Rule E) No signatures [except optionally your name]
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post, but I'd like to submit a request to moderators.

Can you update a message's subject so that is reads something like: "Annoying bug - not getting add address screen on Send" when the subject line is vague?

Vague subject lines are hard to comb through when I'm searching boards/threads to see if something has been posted before. A forum subject line should be informative enough so I can get a big picture idea of what it's about.

Ideally, the original poster would remember to do that, but if someone forgets, I assume it would be a quick and easy fix that would help months later when searching for answers.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks.
kennethmgreen is offline   Reply With Quote