EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 11 Oct 2017, 11:37 AM   #31
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
I have a mailbox.org for some days. I like its exchange feature, which works very well for iOS device. But the UI is ugly, it's just open-xchange, behaves not solid if you are not in europe location.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2017, 05:56 PM   #32
krimlin
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_x View Post
I read the comments above and Mailbox s handling of spam bothers me a bit, as rejecting all might result in some false-positives..
Not sure when exactly they launched their new spam handling settings, but mailbox.org has a quite distinguished set of options and you can disable "auto rejection" of spam: https://support-en.mailbox.org/knowl...ilter-settings
krimlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2017, 06:05 PM   #33
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community

Can someone please check mailbox's dark theme? To me, their dark theme is pathetically white. What in the hell?

Also, mailbox.org's webclient does not have hotkeys, which is an absolute deal-breaker to me.
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2017, 08:18 PM   #34
Jason Mick

I would say Mailfence (their blog) is a sound alternative, which operates from Belgium.
Jason Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2017, 05:18 PM   #35
caulfield87

What do you mean it doesn't have hotkeys? http://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?ti...oardControlled

The thing i like with mailbox.org is that it's a one stop shop - even for document editing. The docx it generates have made my life easier, collaboration also works great.
caulfield87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2017, 08:09 PM   #36
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulfield87 View Post
What do you mean it doesn't have hotkeys? http://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?ti...oardControlled

The thing i like with mailbox.org is that it's a one stop shop - even for document editing. The docx it generates have made my life easier, collaboration also works great.
I stand corrected. It does seem to have some hotkeys, but they're pretty much useless. For the email "app", there's only one, "a", which is used to move an email to Archive. There's no "compose", "forward", "reply" or any of that, which is pathetic.
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2017, 12:01 AM   #37
robastewart

Experience with Mailbox.org

Anyone in US or elsewhere in North America using Mailbox.org in English? Interested in your experience.

Thank you.
robastewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jan 2018, 06:56 AM   #38
WoodenMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by robastewart View Post
Anyone in US or elsewhere in North America using Mailbox.org in English? Interested in your experience.

Thank you.
I switched to mailbox.org a couple of months ago from Gmail and I'm in the Eastern US. I've had no problems with the email side of things, the webmail interface can be a little slow but IMAP and CardDAV work well.

I've also been using the spreadsheet feature and that again is slower than Google Sheets. It can sometimes be hit or miss whether a sheet will open and not get stuck at a "Sorry, your document is very large. It will take some time to be loaded" dialog. I've had more luck with Chromium-based browsers than Firefox-based ones on both Windows and Android.
WoodenMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jan 2018, 11:05 AM   #39
robastewart

Great info! Thank you, WoodenMind.
robastewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2018, 03:48 AM   #40
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

mailbox.org - new look, new features announced

From their blog:

https://mailbox.org/en/post/a-new-lo...at-mailbox-org

A new logo, a new website, new software versions, and new features at mailbox.org
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2018, 08:27 AM   #41
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
A new logo, a new website, new software versions, and new features at mailbox.org
Not bad.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2018, 12:26 AM   #42
north

...but still the old guys behind. be careful!
north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Aug 2019, 11:40 PM   #43
TheJapanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by north View Post
...but still the old guys behind. be careful!
Sounds, that you don't like them?
TheJapanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2019, 09:22 PM   #44
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Give a mailbox.org account for Christmas 2019!

https://mailbox.org/en/post/give-a-m...christmas-2019

Quote:
This festive season, mailbox.org is giving away Christmas vouchers worth 6 EUR each, which can be used when registering a new account up until 10 January 2020 by using the code „christmas2019“. If you would like to communicate securely with all your loved ones in the future, simply put our gift voucher under the Christmas tree this year.

If you register a new account, please enter the voucher code “christmas2019” during step 2 of the registration process. The code is only valid for new registrations until 10. January 2020. You will get a benefit of 6 EUR. The amount will cover the charges for using the basic tariff Secure Mail for 6 months.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote