EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 29 Sep 2013, 05:29 AM   #1
chs

EUMX works perfectly with Outlook 2013 and Activesync protocol

For those that might interest, EUMX works perfectly with Outlook 2013 and Activesync protocol.

I sync without problem my contacts, calendar, email and tasks.
Very few email provider offers the posibility standard.
chs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29 Sep 2013, 05:45 AM   #2
soromak
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs View Post
For those that might interest, EUMX works perfectly with Outlook 2013 and Activesync protocol.

I sync without problem my contacts, calendar, email and tasks.
Very few email provider offers the posibility standard.
I can confirm it. But worth to be more specific, that this feature is only available with Horde.
You can also sync your mail, contacts and calendar via imap, carddav and caldav, respectively.
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2013, 06:21 AM   #3
chs

Yes, it's only with Horde.

It's interesting to know that you can sync picture of contacts between Outlook 2013 and Iphone (for example) too.
But not with the Horde webmail !
chs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2013, 08:43 PM   #4
Hensie

Thumbs up

Wow! I asked EUMX support a question about this ActiveSync and they immediately offered me a free account so I could test it myself.
Now that's what I call service!!
Hensie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2013, 09:01 PM   #5
17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensie View Post
Wow! I asked EUMX support a question about this ActiveSync and they immediately offered me a free account so I could test it myself.
Now that's what I call service!!
They are outstanding! Make sure to give them money!!
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2013, 09:19 PM   #6
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Unlike competitively priced FM, PolarisMail, and Runbox, EuMX, it seems (from their comparison chart of guest and premium account features) does not offer aliases at the EuMX domain. Only aliases at one's own domain are mentioned. If they do, in fact, offer aliases @ eumx.net, it's obviously another one of those items that cannot be managed in a user CP, but that one must contact support to accomplish.

Can anyone confirm that EuMX does, indeed, offer aliases at EuMX's own domain for the premium account service ? If so, how many are permitted ?
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2013, 10:24 PM   #7
17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4its2L8 View Post
Unlike competitively priced FM, PolarisMail, and Runbox, EuMX, it seems (from their comparison chart of guest and premium account features) does not offer aliases at the EuMX domain. Only aliases at one's own domain are mentioned. If they do, in fact, offer aliases @ eumx.net, it's obviously another one of those items that cannot be managed in a user CP, but that one must contact support to accomplish.

Can anyone confirm that EuMX does, indeed, offer aliases at EuMX's own domain for the premium account service ? If so, how many are permitted ?
If you ask them to add aliases, they'll do. However, as you said, you can not do it yourself (unless you have your own domain). I'm not sure about the number tho. Honestly, it's the one thing that Eumx should definitely improve. There should be a way for users to add aliases as well as having that info on their account features.

If you do email them about this issue, please, let us know the answer.
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2013, 11:21 PM   #8
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
If you do email them about this issue, please, let us know the answer.
Your wish is my command.

From EuMX Support:

Quote:
There are few aliases, but generally we do not allow aliases on @eumx.net domain. However plus addressing works so users can create custom email addresses for each subscription etc.

If there is a reasonable demand we can create a subdomain or use another domain to provide aliases for users who needs them.
And thanks to EuMX Support for their reply.
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote