EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 25 Feb 2011, 02:08 AM   #1
mike2012

New User

I am not signed up for Fastmail yet, but I am thinking about it and want to. I am not sure I can use it the way I want to, so I need to ask a couple of questions before I sign up for the service.

I have several current email addresses which I want to continue to use. I want to use Fastmail in order to bring my mail into Macmail securely using IMAP. Can I set my current email addresses to forward separate Fastmail accounts, bring them into Mail securely, and then send email with my old addresses. Is that clear? Basically, I think I want to use Fastmail behind the scenes to bring in my current email addresses securely without having to change any email addresses. Is it possible? Please point me to the support page so I can set it up. Thanks!
mike2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Feb 2011, 01:30 AM   #2
KevinW

This is my impression of what you want to do
  1. Get your email from various addresses (and providers) into Fastmail
  2. Access these emails with Macmail (a desktop email client?)
  3. Send email with your From address as your existing addresses

If that is correct then the short answer is yes, Fastmail can accomplish that.
Details:
  1. Two options:
    • Fastmail will accept forwarded email so if you can set your other email addresses to forward (or redirect)
    • Fastmail can retrieve email from other servers through the POP3 protocol

2. You should have no problem accessing your email once it is on fastmail's servers
  3. Yes, you can use Fastmail's smtp server to send as whomever like (paying accounts only, I believe). You can also set your from address if you are using the web client.

KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote