EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 3 Apr 2017, 04:56 PM   #16
TheJapanese

For me it's possible.

But another question:
what about calendar invitations? they're only shown with credentials of the fastmail user, right? So if I choose a username with fastmail.com (for security reasons a name which is only used for login), this username will be shown in every invitation.

Right?
TheJapanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2017, 05:03 PM   #17
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Domain must be assigned to the account before it can be used for your username

Quote:
Originally Posted by misc View Post
Sorry for coming up with this again, but just out of curiosity: are you sure this is possible at all? I just tried to rename my account and was only offered FM domains for my account name.
If you have a Fastmail account which offers use of a personal domain (such as the current Standard or Professional or legacy Enhanced accounts) and you have added at least one domain in the Settings>Domains page, you can select any of those personal domains for your username (login address) in the Users>Edit screen. So yes, the subject of this thread is a reasonable question. As the other posters suggested, I also don't believe there is any reason to change your username, but I believe it's a personal choice. There is no significant advantage or disadvantage to changing the username to your own private domain, in my opinion.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2017, 05:03 PM   #18
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

No you can change that in your fastmail setting under identities.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2017, 05:04 PM   #19
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJapanese View Post
For me it's possible.

But another question:
what about calendar invitations? they're only shown with credentials of the fastmail user, right? So if I choose a username with fastmail.com (for security reasons a name which is only used for login), this username will be shown in every invitation.

Right?
see my post above...
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2017, 05:14 PM   #20
misc
Essential Contributor

Thanks, BritTim, TheJapanese and Bill!

BritTim is probably right. I've an "old" Enhanced Personal account and I can't choose any of my own domains for my login name. Didn't know that they changed this. Interesting, anyway.

Cheers,
Michael
misc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2017, 05:49 PM   #21
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:

BritTim is probably right. I've an "old" Enhanced Personal account and I can't choose any of my own domains for my login name. Didn't know that they changed this. Interesting, anyway.
l
I upgraded my Enhanced account to a Standard account. So I can't tell you for sure if the personal domain is available for a legacy account.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Apr 2017, 01:59 AM   #22
jhollington
Essential Contributor

It does appear to be there in the legacy Family and Business accounts (I can do this in my Family+Enhanced account), but I can't speak either for the standalone Enhanced accounts that aren't tied to a Family/Business plan.
jhollington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Apr 2017, 03:24 AM   #23
sterdeus

Quote:

Cheers,
Michael
I can confirm this. I also have the legacy Enhanced account and I do not have the option to select my own domain name for my login.
sterdeus is offline   Reply With Quote