EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 16 Sep 2016, 07:04 AM   #16
philtec

Thumbs down Now a big Spammer

A short time after I received the notification of the free service ending I started to get alot of spam at this service.
Last couple of weeks there has been alot with attachments included.
I would bet they sold the free subscribers list to spammers.
Before the notice I would get about one spam mail every 2 weeks.
Now I am receiving 5 - 10 a day.
I still feel that it is worth what I am paying.
NOTHING
philtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2016, 08:49 PM   #17
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
I'm not a huge fan of Inbox.com because basically it's a spam magnet. That being said, the domain name is appealing.
Agreed with this. I used to use inbox.com as my main account but left it due to the constant spam - I'd get around 30 spam messages a day, no exaggeration. Inbox.com was also hard to access on my iPad: it crashed a lot when I was in the middle of writing emails so I had to re-open and start again. There are many email servers so much better than this! I won't miss inbox.com at all.
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2016, 10:30 AM   #18
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

Guess we all have different experiences. I get zero spam from Inbox.com. Of course it could be because I don't use the account much. I am letting my account go. Their POP3 service has one major flaw in my opinion. It leaves messages on the server regardless of the setting in the client. Perhaps they will follow standards with the paid version, but I doubt it. I cannot justify paying money for an Inbox.com account when there are other services out there that follow the standards.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2016, 02:10 AM   #19
philtec

Question Administrator opening spam messages?

One thing that has been strange with the latest batch of spam messages from this account, when I open my spam folder it appears as thou a few have been opened already and read.
As I am the only one that has access to this email and no one else lives here but me I wonder if the administrator has been reading them.
Maybe its just a glitch and I could care less as they could have been marked unread and I would never know.
This account has a very long complicated password and I do not think its been hacked but could care less as I never leave anything worthwhile on any email servers account.
philtec is offline   Reply With Quote