EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 1 Mar 2018, 01:02 PM   #1
lukekane

Webmail UI bugs

It's undoubtedly among the most common questions that customers usually ask sale guy any time they purchase a brand new FutonAdvisors and consider other necessary accessories. Probably to other things, of course the answer is a big "Yes". But why is "Yes", which is futon mattress topper and benefits it have? To know these all advice, just simply read throughout our post and take under account.

What is a futon mattress topper?
Before doing deeply to find the response for The subject question, to begin with you should remember that the definition - what a futon mattress topper would be. Basically, you can understand that futon mattress topper is item designed especially to boost the futon mattress's level of comfort. When you expect for higher degree of relaxation, subsequently topper is an ideal option.

There's one thing that we want to create Clear: futon mattress topper differs with futon mattress shield, they're two different things with specific functions. In reality, there are a great deal of people typically misunderstand and interchange these terms and believe that they are one.

To place things in context, protectors are often Used to prevent your futon mattress from stain, liquid, dust and so forth. It also partially improves the cozy feeling for customers but limitedly. The thickness quotient is an additional feature to inform these products apart. Futon mattress toppers are somehow thicker, since its primary function is to improve the softness while shield is to safeguard the mattress. The price of futon mattress topper is relatively high in comparison to this protector.

Thus, let's have the summarized comparison Between two products to make you know it as clearly as you can:

You purchase a futon mattress protector Simply in order to secure your mattress with low price.

You purchase a futon mattress topper in order To improve the comfort level of this mattress with greater price.

What is the benefits of futon mattress topper? Bring the new life for your futon mattress
Days nowadays, like other things, you futon Mattress gradually becomes saggy and dumpy, brings you less and less comfort experience. It might be proven to be irregular and compacted somewhere (particularly in the event that you don't flip it routinely). You may even be at risk of backache or hip pain if laying with this futon mattress for quite a while.

This is why a futon mattress topper is An extraordinary venture, because it updates or even completely re-establish the solace amount of the old futon mattress for a minor portion of the cost.

Adjust the comfort of the futon mattress for sleeping
Not only to Improve the comfort level and Bring the new life to your old futon mattress, futon mattress topper may also be used to adjust the firmness/ softness of mattress to deliver the ideal experience. Imagine that one day you buy a new futon mattress but after completing installation, you require a peek and feel not really comfy since it's too soft or too firm. Or some days your body weight suddenly increases or declines, which means you realize that the present amount of firmness/ softness is no more suitable. That's the time that the futon mattress topper shines. All you have to do today is to determine how much firmness or softness you need, go about some futon mattress store and inform the sale person your demand. Last, you will exactly have the most appropriate one to place over the top of the futon mattress.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...9GvNzmMX01Ri6G

If you want to improve the softness amount of Your futon mattress, you can take into consideration futon mattress toppers made from feather substances. On the other hands, if your present mattress is too firm, let's have an attempt to memory foam or latex futon mattress toppers.

Customize your futon mattress's comfort level
Another advantage of having a futon mattress Topper is you are able to customize your own futon mattress's comfort level into 2 parts, each part has its own amount of firmness/softness. To accomplish this, you just need to place the topper on a single side of the mattress. For instance, if you have a memory foam topper and you put it as the above tips, you can restrict the motion transfer caused by additional one at the rest of the side, and consequently, disturbance is removed.

In which cases you should not use a futon mattress topper?
Apart from these various advantages, the futon Mattress toppers have some drawbacks that in some cases you shouldn't use. Below are the most common ones you should keep in mind:

Recoiled effectiveness
Many people state that futon mattress topper is Not useful as stated, they have really added the topper over their mattress but it make no relative difference in their own feeling. They do not feel more comfortable and inviting after using futon mattress toppers. But there's true which they could not understand: toppers can not support much to an aged saggy mattress. You shouldn't anticipate such futon mattress unexpectedly turn out to be a huge comfort by simply covering it with a piece of topper. Toppers have ability to enhance the firmness/ softness of a particular elderly futon mattress, not a nearly-twenty-year-old mattress, never! So, to be honest, in this case you need to have a new one instead of using different options.

Inappropriate size
One thing you should keep in mind: it is not Always possible for them to discover the toppers that perfectly fit their futon mattress. Not all twin size toppers can satisfy the size of the double size mattress and vice versa, particularly when they're manufactured by different producers.

Unwanted movement
Basically, toppers have been placed on top of the Futon mattress, so undesirable movement is inevitable if the area between the mattress and the topper is even and smooth. So, the topper can slip around sometimes and cause aggravation.

Generally, best futon mattress reviews topper is a Essential thing you need to enhance the comfort level of your futon mattress. But, in order to achieve the Fantastic outcome, prior to choosing one, you Want to Consider its pros and cons then create the last choice.

Last edited by lukekane : 28 Mar 2018 at 04:41 PM.
lukekane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Mar 2018, 02:21 PM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Welcome to the EMD Forums!

I think you have accidentally changed the Settings>General>Preferences>Layout to hide the sidebar.

The sidebar is the column at the left of the Mail, Contacts, Files, and many Settings screens. There are two settings for display of the sidebar:
  • Show sidebar: The sidebar is always shown at the left side of the screen.
  • Hide sidebar: The sidebar is normally hidden. It can be temporarily shown by clicking a button with three horizontal bars in the upper left corner of the screen. This special button will only be visible if you are in the Hide sidebar setup mode. In the Mail screen this special button is shown directly to the left of the Archive button at the upper left.
If other settings (such as the Sort setting) are randomly getting reset, then something truly strange is going on. I would run a scan for viruses or malware and also try a different browser if possible. Of course, it's possible that something is broken at the Fastmail end, but I have not noticed anything unusual on various PC's and iOS devices I use many times every day with several different Fastmail accounts.

Are you using the normal Fastmail login or the beta.fastmail.com login?

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2018, 03:53 PM   #3
randian
Cornerstone of the Community

I don't know if it's the same problem, but folder search results sort settings get reset to the default "newest first" on every page reload, and there is no permanent setting in the account settings for this.
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Mar 2018, 07:20 AM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
I don't know if it's the same problem, but folder search results sort settings get reset to the default "newest first" on every page reload, and there is no permanent setting in the account settings for this.
I agree that the while displaying the search results, refreshing the browser page resets the search to “newest first”. I’m not sure if that should be classified as a bug. In other situations refresh makes no difference. The one place I see refresh reset the sort order is when you are displaying a search.
  • If I open a folder and set the sort order, that order is remembered when I later open that folder, even if I do so on another browser.
  • If I perform a search and set the sort method, that sort setting is used the next time I make a search.
Bill
Old 8 Mar 2018, 01:01 PM   #5
randian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
I agree that the while displaying the search results, refreshing the browser page resets the search to “newest first”. I’m not sure if that should be classified as a bug.
Any refresh resets the selected search sort order, whether or not you were displaying a search at the time of refresh. If it's not a bug, it definitely violates the principle of least astonishment.

Last edited by randian : 8 Mar 2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 8 Mar 2018, 01:37 PM   #6
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

If I log in and just change the sort order of Inbox to "by sender", refreshing the browser page has no effect. The sort order stays at "by sender". I can do any of the following actions and the Inbox sort order stays at "by sender" (or however I set it):
  • Refresh the browser page
  • Change to a different folder, then return to Inbox
  • Log out of Fastmail, then log back in
It would be interesting if your account does not act this way.

Bill
Old 8 Mar 2018, 01:56 PM   #7
randian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
If I log in and just change the sort order of Inbox to "by sender", refreshing the browser page has no effect.
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. It's the search sort order that always gets reset, not the folder view order. I would think that whatever keeps the folder view order from being reset by a refresh could be used for the search order.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 01:10 AM   #8
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. It's the search sort order that always gets reset, not the folder view order. I would think that whatever keeps the folder view order from being reset by a refresh could be used for the search order.
If you created a saved search, the sort order will stick when changed in the same way this happens with folders.

I think an option to have a default sort order for all non saved searches should be trated as a feature request. Personally, with casual searches, I usually either want 'newest first' or (more often) really do not care.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Mar 2018, 02:06 AM   #9
randian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
If you created a saved search, the sort order will stick when changed in the same way this happens with folders.
It sticks until you refresh