EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 20 May 2021, 07:49 AM   #1
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Eurovision Song Contest 2021

Is anyone else watching?

Just watched the first semi-finals (recorded it as I was not in front of TV on Tuesday), tomorrow the second semi-final is live on TV, and Saturday the big final

The first semi-final was quite good, a surprising amount of decent songs. I think I'd rank Cyprus as #1 so far, that song had a very good Lady Gaga vibe.
Ukraine was very ecclectic, but in a good way. I think that song will further grow on me if I hear it more often.
Pleasantly surprised to see my country Belgium in the final, although in all honesty I'm not that impressed with the song we've sent. Maybe it can grow on me too, but I don't see us finishing high in the rankings in the big finals at this moment.
I liked the Irish and Romanian entries too, pity they didn't make the big final.

So which country (or countries) are you rooting for?

PS: the festival is broadcasted in many countries outside of Europe, so very likely all of you can join in and watch!
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote